Vomit after very high calorie day (not bulimia)

Options
I usually stick to 1200-1400 calories daily & have been for a few months, but yesterday I had a real sesh and got a little over 2700. I felt fine until about 8pm when I vomited and I've been sick 4 or 5 times since, throughout the night. this morning I'm very dizzy and tired, but I don't feel nauseous any more.

I didn't self-induce the vomiting at all and nothing I ate was reheated or dodgy so I don't think it was food poisoning. is it possible that my body just couldn't handle that amount of food, and "rejected" it (for lack of a better term)? it was pretty rich stuff I guess. I've never experienced this before but I'm not sure what else it could be?

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    When the Packers won the Super Bowl back in 2011, that was one hell of a party that I threw up from over-indulging. (No alcohol involved).

So it has happened to me. Now whether it was from over-eating or sensitivity to foods I wasn’t used to could be debatable.

But I would question it happening multiple times..
  • shrl0t
    shrl0t Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! I hadn't really considered that anything could have been off because it was all bought yesterday, nothing over the due date, all supermarket packaged and nothing reheated. but I guess even then I still can't be 100% sure.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I also vote for food poisoning. Are you replacing your electrolytes?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    food poisoning?

ive had (very rare- like TWICE) occasions where i was just a PIG and my body was like 'yeahhhhhh no. its gotta go. i cant do this, you crazy *kitten*. ' but its a one shot deal not all night. that sounds like bad food or a reaction to something in particular.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    or even could have been some sort of short term stomach bug/ virus
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    doesn't have to be food poisoning - could easily be a stomach bug/virus?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    might have just been a bug...

you'll only know if it was your body 'rejecting' food if it happens again next time you have a binge.
  • Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Go to a doctor please seek professional help on your vomiting maybe it's food poisoning we aren't mind readers. Good luck!
  • Scottb4857
    Scottb4857 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Monitor how you feel today after you get some food back in your system. Could have been a small bug like someone suggested, a little food "poisoning", or just the combination of foods, along with overeating for your system, just played havoc with your stomach and it couldn't handle digesting it fast enough before the stomach acid reached a point of making you feel sick.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    No pain at all in stomach or back? If so, it could be gallbladder issues.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    For a one-time experience, it's almost always food poisoning.

If it keeps happening whenever you ingest fatty foods, the likely culprit is gallstones.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If it keeps happening when you eat high fat foods have your gallbladder looked at. You may have gallstones, or your gallbladder may be diseased. Other symptoms of gallbladder problems include pain in the upper right quadrant of your abdomen after eating fatty foods.

Even when I had gallbladder problems, I would typically only throw up once to remove the food from my stomach and then I'd feel better. Not 4-5 times in a night.

I know that if I overeat chocolate I will throw up, but only once, again.

I suspect a stomach bug of some sort.