help ! how do you get rid of.......

Options
Well, how do i say this...LOL....how in the heck to i get rid of my huge hips/ Love handles? i have no idea what to do to have them go away..what kind of exersizes do i need to do....please help..any information would really help me...

Replies

• laurenpence
    Options
    cardio
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Cardio and Weights.. both will zap the love handles in no time.
  • Janetlabori
    Options
    I workout everyday. Do situps. Every minutes you do it is good. I'm still heavy on the love handles and belly but it has gone down. Keep trying and never give up.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jen_marie_1976
    Options

I bought resistance bands.....would that help?
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    cardio is how you burn fat, muscle toning is how you tighten, and no you cant focus on one area but all over toning increases all over fat burn! Feel free to look in my pictures, as you lose and get closer to your goal those areas will go away to an extent, love handles definently will, hips will depend on your structure, but then it depends on how much you love your hips (see signature, I love mine :))
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Cardio and resistance training. Great way to get started is Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred and/or Insanity. I have incorporated both in my regimen and have gotten fantastic results as far as losing the muffin top.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    Cardio! From what I have read spot training is not really effective.
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    A combination of the following: clean eating, plyometrics, cardio, and strength training...do not be afraid of it. Cardio is wonderful but by only doing cardio you will end up with the same shape you have now but smaller....you can only tone by strength training.

I always recommend checking out Oxygen magazine, Oxygenmag.com, and every book written by Tosca Reno.

I am a firm believer in eating a clean lifestyle (I don't like the word diet, because it is not a temporary change, it is a lifestyle change).

The thing I love about Oxygen and Tosca (who is married to the man behind Oxygen mag, lol) is that these women are all shapely yet fit and look amazing.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Overall body fat loss. As you get closer to your goal, they will get smaller. I really believe there is no way to spot reduce fat. You can make the muscles underlying the fat bigger / more toned which might make the whole area look a little better but it won't reduce the fat right there in that exact area.
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    Yes, resistance bands will help as well!! I actually use weights and resistance bands
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Side planks, side dead lifts, russian twists! They work the muscles in those areas a lot(for me anyways) Leg lifts(front and side), backwards lunges, and squat lifts will also help the thigh muscles out a lot. These in addition to cardio(you could even do 5-10 min intervals of jumping jacks/jogging in place/high knees) throughout your workout should do the trick. Of course, this may or may not work for you...can't say for sure. My love handles are gone! I still have my hips, though XD
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    cardio!
    weights!
    get an exercise ball and do twists and crunches

here is a long list of ab work outs :)
    http://www.ab-core-and-stomach-exercises.com/ab_exercises.html
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I bought resistance bands.....would that help?

Yup! I'm not exactly sure how to use them as I've only done it once or twice with my trainer, but I'm sure you can google exercises for them.

Also planks are awesome for tightening the core muscles.. I also do oblique twists. Sit on your butt, lean back, put your feet in the air in front of you and twist your torso side to side.. you'll be feeling those abs!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I literall just posted this as my status. I need help with this too. I never really had a problem with this until I started to loose weight lol and they're the only thing that's sticking around. Its a bit of a kick in the teeth. I do a lot of cardio and strength training. I will admit though eveythings getting smaller only some areas slower than others