Should i be worried that i don't feel full?

Options
Hi, i'm a 25 year old female. Height 5'5, weight 119 lbs. I lost 11 lbs and now i'm currently at maintenance. I have a desk job, so my sedentary maintenance calories is somewhere around 1500. I don't weigh my food but I have been maintaining my current weight for 2 months, as i don't lose or gain i think i should be eating around that. The thing is i don't feel full after my meals unless i ate bread. My typical day would go like this 1 boiled egg for breakfast, 1 normal serving of meal (we have a cook) at work, 1 normal serving of homemade meal as dinner. Meals usually cooked with full fat butter (both in work and home) and consists of beef/chicken, legumes, vegetables, eggs etc. Some fruits, vegetables, fullfat dairy products and nuts would be my snacks. I don't feel hunger after eating but i don't feel full either. Before losing weight i ate a lot of bread with meals but i was always full after eating even though i usually didn't finish my meals. I don't mind not feeling full, but wondered if this is something i should be worried about. Like does my brain thinks i'm starving my body or something?

I also noticed something about my menstruation cycles. Sorry TMI, before losing weight my cycles were long and heavy, i had awful cramps in the first day of my period. But as long as i eliminated bread and sugar they got lighter and shorter, my cramps also aren't as bad as before. And this happened the very first month i didn't even lost any weight at the beginning, i had to decrease my portion sizes then weight came off. I wondered if it is connected.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    klrenn wrote: »
    You don't need to feel "full" at the end of a meal...you should feel "not hungry"

^
  • dodgehalo
    dodgehalo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes. If you're hungry you will ultimately eat. Get full. Eat more veggies or something
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have found that "feeling full" is actually kind of miserable for me. When I eat at home and cook for myself, I eat until I'm done, and I'm not "full", but not hungry, and satisfied.

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Maybe work bread back into your diet. I have trouble staying "full" without grains.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    Maybe work bread back into your diet. I have trouble staying "full" without grains.

This. If you're worried about satiety pick less-processed varieties of bread: whole grain, crunchy nutty loaves. They have fiber and protein. Often when we eliminate bread/sugar we're eliminating other things, so I don't know what the connection could be to menstrual cramping; but if the cramps get bad again then you could always reduce your intake leading up to your period.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »

^^ this ..for some reason I need some grains for satiety too.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You might also want to drink more water. That helps fill me up.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I use diet sodas to help me feel full.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Without starches I not only don't feel full after meals, I feel actual and lasting hunger. Maybe like me you do better with bread, so why not just eat bread and use a little bit less butter to wiggle the calories? With that said, don't expect to always feel full after meals every time or to never feel hungry between meals (or even after meals sometimes). These sensations are normal and is something you need to get used to.