Keto

Options
Is anyone else on the Keto diet? What are some good recipes? Also feel free to add me if you're on the Keto diet :smiley:

Replies

• staceyhicks13
    staceyhicks13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found cooking cabbage, bacon and mushrooms in butter is a good side to have with meat. And it's keto. Only my first week doing it though. I have heard cauliflower pizza is good to try :)
  • LowCarbOR55
    LowCarbOR55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are correct. The cauliflower pizza is excellent. A dietician encouraged me to try this diet. It really worked for me. I am off off it now though, but soon to return. I think the key is planning ahead for me.
  • det1969
    det1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started this past Monday October 9th. So far my biggest hurdle was going out for dinner the other night (I've been cooking all week) which was a challenge because I was at one of my favorite Cuban restaurants. So I had the steak and onion with a salad, but did take two tablespoons of the yellow rice and one tablespoon of the black beans. I felt bad after but then realized I had no carbs the entire week, (coming from a breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks carb eater) AND I drank water all week which I hate. Sooooooooo a little rice and beans was no big deal! #notbeatingmyselfup #backontrack
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you download the Atkins app there are a ton of recipes on there that are also keep keto friendly that I love. I've made several and my family to will usually eat it so bonus!! Lol
  • drgnfyre
    drgnfyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just google keto recipes and sift through them. I try new ones often and some I hate some I love. The ones I keep are much better than anything I used to eat. https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/nut-free-keto-brownie/ these are really really good....
  • gabrieljulian1987
    Options
    I’m 11 days strong on Keto and my last weigh in I was down 10.2 pounds. It’s a solid diet but just make sure you do your research!
  • barbaramuise2
    barbaramuise2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm one week in and haven't lost....in fact I have gained 2lbs. Any tips? First time trying keto
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I use ruled.me and tastaholics a lot. They have great dessert recipes on there. I mean, keto peanut butter fudge bars? Yes please.
  • ShortiB1
    ShortiB1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thx!!
  • ralynb
    ralynb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started Keto two weeks in im 10lbs down. So far I think it's going good but finding it hard to keep my protein at a moderate level. And its hard to get in enough fats. Keeping the carbs low hasn't seemed to be a problem with all the recipes on pintrest. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • AyaRowan
    AyaRowan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for 49 days and still going strong. I had been suffering from retaining water and swollen legs and ankles and that improved within the first few days. My clothes also fit better. So as to not get discouraged if I stalled I decided to not weigh in until my next doc appointment in December.

As for food and recipes, I tend to toss stuff together. A staple of mine is cooking a frozen 100% beef patty and topping it with cheese for my main meat then filling the rest of the plate with some type of sauteed veggie and lots of it.

My fav sides include sauteed cabbage, kale, or green beans. Cabbage is pretty low net carb so on days when I can't "afford" kale I eat that. I like to sprinkle some parmesean on the green beans. Baby corn is also awesome, regular corn is a no go but read the label on baby corn and it's mostly fiber due to the cobs. I put it in soups or stir fries.

Another thing I love is some browned ground sausage cooked with cabbage. Or ground pork, cabbage, and seasonings to make eggroll in a bowl.

Mashed cauliflower is good to have on hand for easy sides, I like to make a batch to heat up throughout the week. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe-1942447

I also like to cook a whole chicken in the crockpot every week. I have chicken for soups and other things for several days plus I make the bones into bone broth.

I also love zucchinni noodles. I spiralize some up for the week to use in zucchini "ramen", spaggetti, and garlic parmesean noodles.

Can't go wrong with bacon and an omelette. Or a salad if you watch the dressing and ingredients.

I also love pecans or almonds plus string cheese for snacks.
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wanting to start keto probably November 1st. Any recommendations on how to make the process easy. I have 4 kids at home so Ill need to make the dinner meals friendly and still keep carbs in the house for them. don't think they are ready for keto. also is it okay to start slow. Or should I jump right in.
  • gregepperson2
    gregepperson2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did Paleo for three months, good results. Wanted to see if I couldn't tighten up a bit so now I am doing Keto. Been doing it for a few weeks. Found Fitness Pal and it has made life much easier. Still going through the Keto side affects, but the Keto sticks say I am in Ketosis so I am still at it. I can tell you for sure that THIS IS NOT EASY and don't let anyone dupe you into believing it. Planning, planning, planning is the key. That and being anal about your macros. I started slow at first. Try doing just the Keto coffee in the AM and don't eat again till 4 hours later. That meal, try to limit carbs. After a few days you should start to feel the side affects and gauge for yourself if it is something you think you can do. Keto coffee does not have to be expensive. Get some Irish grass-fed butter, heavy cream, and MCT oil from your local health store. Remember, YOU MUST BLEND IT somehow. I use the nutri-bullet and it works great.
  • Iplanweddings
    Iplanweddings Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I start last week and started to feel ill, so I ate a big of carbs. Now I am back at it and this time will ride out the Keto Flu. I can't wait to be in ketosis. I feel that planning and having to make my meal separate from my family is the hardest, and the cost of buying food has went up.
  • lizheartsjesse
    lizheartsjesse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hope it works for you. I promise if you can do it, I think you will find success. Literally nothing ever worked for me the way it did.
  • ShortiB1
    ShortiB1 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I start last week and started to feel ill, so I ate a big of carbs. Now I am back at it and this time will ride outy the Keto Flu. I can't wait to be in ketosis. I feel that planning and having to make my meal separate from my family is the hardest, and the cost of buying food has went up.

It is hard to plan different meals for family. I really am not doing that with this diet but have tried others and had to do separate for them. Good luck I know u will find away to do it!!! (Good luck and keep strong!!)