HELP! I gained 3lbs After Cheat Day

Options
124»

Replies

• Sid_Mishra
    Sid_Mishra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When do you measure your weight? Ideally measure it after shower in mornings. That makes data more consistent.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Sid_Mishra wrote: »
    When do you measure your weight? Ideally measure it after shower in mornings. That makes data more consistent.

Because you don't want the dirt that's accumulated since the previous day's shower throwing off the scale? Should you blow dry your hair before or after you weigh? What if you're someone who showers at night, after an evening workout?
  • etguillemette
    etguillemette Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not to be gross, but I've noticed that honestly the largest contributing factor to day to day fluctuations of my weight are whether or not I've had a decent movement that day.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I switched from 2 to 1 pounds and I still only get 1310 per week , even for just 1 pound a week. I'm thinking of switching to .5 pounds.
    If I weigh 172 now and I want to weigh 154. Is 1 pound a week too much. I feel like I am more likely to mess up when I restrict my calories too on much. But on the other hand, only 2.5 pounds by November 19 doesn't seem like enough.

Thats because we are looking at it on a grand scale. But to your body, these numbers are meaningless, all it knows is it needs fuel to keep going, as weight goes down the line between minimum requirement and sustainable healthy loss decreases but it also helps you slowly transition into maintenance... If you had to go from 1200 calories to a maintenance of 1950 calories, its a pretty scary situation to take on, people freak.. but if you gradually decrease the speed of your loss by eating more calories... 1450, 1700.. 1950 once you hit goal the small amount of increase will be less stressful
    Thank you, you are making much sense!!
  • Kst76
    Options
    Honestly, i just weigh whenever, people say to weigh first thing in the morning after a bowel movement, but sometimes i don't poop until noon. lol so seems like i dont fit into the morning poop category for weighing in

lucky, I can go 6 days without a b movement :(
  • Kst76
    Options
    Honestly, i just weigh whenever, people say to weigh first thing in the morning after a bowel movement, but sometimes i don't poop until noon. lol so seems like i dont fit into the morning poop category for weighing in

lucky, I can go 6 days without a b movement :(

I used to have a coworker like that... do you drink coffee? Caffeine can make people poop

Yes I do, It's annoying. So this whole morning weigh is pointless for me. lol
    I can weigh less in the afternoon.
  • Lpaige89
    Lpaige89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you weighed yourself the day after you ate a large meal or even binged, it won't show up as immediate fat gain. Just like you don't loose weight after a day of good eating, you won't gain a bunch of weight after a cheat meal. Your bodies incredibly complex and there are so many processes going on to digest and metabolize the food, that it works on a larger scale time line.. that is why consistency is key.

the scale is just a tool, but it can also play with my head. If i eat a high carb or high sodium meal the night before.. i won't weigh myself the next morning and if i over eat by quite a bit, ill weigh myself in a few days to let the water and food pass through my system to get a more accurate weight.

hope that helps :)

• GettingFitSlim
    GettingFitSlim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you didn't gain weight. its water retention. i do 1 cheat day once a week where i eat whatever i want and dont care about calories. i dont weight myself after that cheat day cause it'll depress me lol but ive still been loosing weight doing that for months.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @GettingFitSlim I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much do you have left to lose, and what is your daily deficit?
  • GettingFitSlim
    GettingFitSlim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @GettingFitSlim I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much do you have left to lose, and what is your daily deficit?

im honestly not trying to loose weight anymore, but im still eating 1200 calories a day, and have 1 day where i dont count it. thats probaby why im not gaining from my cheat days.