That's it..

Options
jasummers76
jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I from this point forward am only weighing myself in the evening buck naked. I have been weighing myself for two weeks daily several times. I can go from 251 to 259 within a 24 hour period. And yes these weights were even after some good movements.

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    CMNVA wrote: »
    I am at my lightest when I first get up. I'd be at my heaviest in the evening.

Same.

But, whatever floats the OP's boat.
  • jasummers76
    Options
    Same here.. I was asking for trouble doing over and over again knowing my morning and afternoon weight was always higher.
  • jasummers76
    Options
    Wouldn't matter if you weigh at night, weigh fluctuations don't care what time it is.

So true.. I just can't help myself.. lol
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i only log weight once a week.

i generally step on the scale in the morning before ive had anything to eat.

stepping on the scale at the end of the day makes me sad and say nasty things to the scale (even if i know its normal and will be gone in the morning LOLOLOL)
  • jasummers76
    Options
    i only log weight once a week.

i generally step on the scale in the morning before ive had anything to eat.

stepping on the scale at the end of the day makes me sad and say nasty things to the scale (even if i know its normal and will be gone in the morning LOLOLOL)

I do the same I ask it " how is a cup of coffee 3 lbs"
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    So you're sounding like you have a sense of humor about the whole thing, but you do understand that any changes on the scale over the course of 24 hours don't tell you anything about your weight (fat) loss, right? Weigh once daily under the same circumstances and you will see a trend over the course of a week or two (with some fluctuations likely due to various factors), but multiple weigh-ins/day are useless.
  • aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. First thing every Saturday morning
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    once a week for me as well- in he mornings after bathroom break- then I try to "let it go" haha until the next weight in-
  • jasummers76
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    So you're sounding like you have a sense of humor about the whole thing, but you do understand that any changes on the scale over the course of 24 hours don't tell you anything about your weight (fat) loss, right? Weigh once daily under the same circumstances and you will see a trend over the course of a week or two (with some fluctuations likely due to various factors), but multiple weigh-ins/day are useless.

Yeah you have too at this point in my new way of eating. I am going to do the nightly weight but only update my progress on MFP weekly. I still need that kinda daily reminder if I see that scale hitting the upper 250's regularly that I need to go revisit my food journal.
  • try2again
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    once a week for me as well- in he mornings after bathroom break- then I try to "let it go" haha until the next weight in-

Once a week is fine- I'm doing that right now too- just be aware that one bad day of water retention can mask your progress for the week.
  • try2again
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

Yeah you have too at this point in my new way of eating. I am going to do the nightly weight but only update my progress on MFP weekly. I still need that kinda daily reminder if I see that scale hitting the upper 250's regularly that I need to go revisit my food journal.

Nothing wrong with daily weigh-ins, as long as a person is looking at trends over time and not day-to-day progress, which is too easily masked by a little extra sodium in the diet, water retention due to muscle repair after a workout, a woman's cycles, etc.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, around 6.30 pm on a Saturday because that is when I am lightest... I have usually had a rest day or two and I fast until evening.
  • thunderchild007
    thunderchild007 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    First thing Sunday morning, T-shirt and undies only.