my first NSV :) (don't laugh)

Options
So maybe this isn't a big deal for most people but today at the gym during a 35 min jog/fast walk on the treadmill I ran (as fast as I can) for 10 minutes straight! It's a big accomplishment for me cause before I could only run for 2/3 min at a time before having to walk for a bit. Plus! this is only the second time I've tried running since losing almost 20lbs. Imagine what I could do in a couple weeks :smile: I ran as long as the skinny chick next to me :laugh: I was so happy I swear I almost started crying in the gym haha

Replies

• ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Every Victory Counts!
    Gratz!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work!

If someone laughs at that - they're a jerk...
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    How could we laugh at that?? That's AWESOME!!!! :smile: Congratulations!
  • gsnap30
    gsnap30 Posts: 67
    Options
    awesome! it's hard to go for 10 mins straight. i still have trouble with that.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm not laughing - actually I'm a bit envious. :wink: On a treadmill I don't run for long. That is a huge accomplishment. WTG!!!
  • Ellsqueak
    Options
    Congratulations... That's a fantastic achievement. You really are getting fitter and fitter.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Who would laugh at that??!??! No one on this site!!!

It's an NSV to keep up with the skinny person next to you. And 10 minutes?!?! You are my hero for the day! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Who would laugh at that??!??! No one on this site!!!

It's an NSV to keep up with the skinny person next to you. And 10 minutes?!?! You are my hero for the day! Keep it up! :drinker:

Amen! EVERY victory is worth celebrating and none of them too big or small! Way to go!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is HUGE! Way to go!!!!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    congrats! That is awesome
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    That's some achievement. Take it from someone who just started running on the treadmill. I used to run years ago but started doing it as part of my new circuit training. I am killed doing it but know it will just take a bit of time to build it up.

Well done you, that's great work!
  • LC28
    LC28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    great work!! running for 10 mins straight isn't easy. Keep up the good work!! :wink:
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    That's awesome! The longest I can go is about a minute. :(
  • mmelaragno
    mmelaragno Posts: 162
    Options
    That is great, and such a great feeling! 10 minutes straight is not easy, you are awesome!!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Incredible job!! You are on your way to things you never thought you could do ... but you CAN! And celebrate each of these smaller accomplishments because before you know it, they add up to one BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT!! Way to go!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can barely run on a treadmill for 5 minutes! But mostly because it bothers my feet.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Amazing victory! Way to go!
  • meowmily
    meowmily Posts: 85
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!