Starting Over Again

Options
I've been here, done this before. Unfortunately I've experienced a set back this year while going through some mental illness. I've consequently taken some time to self-care. I'm learning to say no and cutting back on my commitments which frees me up to focus on healthy living. The last time I went through something like this I got up to 168 lbs. (I'm 5'1"). I'm at 164 currently and feeling very discouraged. I found the NHS's 12 Week Weightloss Plan and I'm really looking forward to doing this thing!

My goals this week are: 1) record weight and waist size, 2) follow the included chart to see progress, 3) plan my meals in advance, 3) use a calorie counter, and 4) establish a support network. Apparently research shows it takes 12 weeks to establish a habit (not 21 days) so hopefully this will help me turn my life around!

Replies

• msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll friend you! You can do it!
  • creativate
    creativate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oooh, thx! I just put my food in for the first day--OUCH! Planning for a better day tomorrow. :)
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    FR sent! Planning meals out days ahead of time has been the key to my success. I need to get around to taking measurements.
  • HannaZN
    HannaZN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm always here for a support sistem, you can do it!
  • creativate
    creativate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OK ladies. Today I made some sugar-free cinnamon-raisin steel cut oatmeal. It has milk, cinnamon, raisin, steel cut oats, vanilla, salt, and a bit of butter. So good! One meal and I've already exceeded my fiber intake for the day--which, as I understand it, is a good thing! Not to mention full of potassium and iron. Good thing is it was 500 calories so I don't have to think about food for hours! This is the ultimate energy breakfast for sure!