High protein vegan sources???

Options
TheAutisticHealthCoach
TheAutisticHealthCoach Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I was thinking about going vegan only problem is the lack of Protein is there any high protein vegan food? I'm trying to gain muscle mass. I will eat milk protein but not a lot of dairy products

Replies

• keyster420
    keyster420 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    •Tofu
    •hemp seeds
    •mock meats - favorite is gardein
    • ripple is a dairy free milk that has a lot protein per serving, and its made of peas (I know it sounds gross but its fine in a smoothie or protein shake).
    •nut butters
    •there is this thing called tvp (textured vegetable protein) that you can add to a lot of stuff like oatmeal and spaghetti
    •there's protein pasta that is made of lentils
    • vegan protein powders
    •beans

Search high protein vegan foods or vegan bodybuilder what I eat in a day on YouTube you'll find a lot of recipes.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan but I regularly eat Field Roast vegan meat substitutes. My faves are the Italian sausage, chipotle sausage, the Chao cheeses. Oh and the franks. These cook incredibly, the taste is amazing and the texture has the feel of regular meat.
  • delillolauren
    delillolauren Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Seitan
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I’m plant based, not vegan, and I eat meat if I’m out and I want some, or if a friend/boyfriend cooks it for me. I just don’t buy it.

Many vegans and plant based eaters don’t believe we need as much protein as is typically reccomended, and that plant protein is better. I’ll admit that I don’t know all about this, but I’ve been plant based for years, while being active, cycling, and maintaining a nice physique, without paying much attention to my macros. Your needs might be different tho, especially if you are body building.

One issue I did run into after a couple years was with my b vitamins (all of my other blood work was great), so I added some fish back into my diet. The good thing is that b vitamins store well, so you can just splurge on a vacation, or the weekends, now and then.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat a little less fruit to fit in the grains and beans and leafy veggies.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Beyond Meat.