So what are you going to do about it?
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Fat happens!
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    That could be a good thing so long as you use that frustration to fuel your drive to get the weight back off.. just don't turn the anger inward.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My past gains are some of the best things that happened to my weight loss effort. Without them I wouldn't be able to identify some things that can potentially jeopardize my future maintenance and the severity of their impact. Why would you hate yourself for being a human going through a learning process?
  • Half_Bruin
    Half_Bruin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It is a difficult and painful cycle. For a lot of people food is a drug just like cocaine, alcohol, or tobacco. There are studies that show similar reactions in the brain for some with sugar and cocaine. Point I'm getting at is, people use/eat food because they hate themselves and then they hate themselves because they ate the food. Telling someone to just buck up and do something about it is akin to telling any other addict, just quit. Its a process and at the root of it all is reminding yourself that you are worthy of love. You're worthy of happiness. Its perfectly okay to cycle through anger, sadness, joy, etc. in your weight loss journey. Everyday is a new day, every meal is a new meal, yesterday is over and tomorrow isn't here. Best of luck in your journey of learning to love yourself.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Half_Bruin wrote: »
    It is a difficult and painful cycle. For a lot of people food is a drug just like cocaine, alcohol, or tobacco. There are studies that show similar reactions in the brain for some with sugar and cocaine. Point I'm getting at is, people use/eat food because they hate themselves and then they hate themselves because they ate the food. Telling someone to just buck up and do something about it is akin to telling any other addict, just quit. Its a process and at the root of it all is reminding yourself that you are worthy of love. You're worthy of happiness. Its perfectly okay to cycle through anger, sadness, joy, etc. in your weight loss journey. Everyday is a new day, every meal is a new meal, yesterday is over and tomorrow isn't here. Best of luck in your journey of learning to love yourself.

they show that same reaction to patting a puppy, for what its worth.
  • Half_Bruin
    Half_Bruin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Half_Bruin wrote: »

they show that same reaction to patting a puppy, for what its worth.

What it's worth depends on what you're implying :smile: