My binging battle

Options
Sooooo, here i am again on a sunday, looking at my fresh start tomorrow. I know i need to do this for my mental heath, because being three stone heavier to what i was really has hacked away at my confidence, my self esteem and my outlook on life... I am a mother of two under two, ive had two c-sections, post-natal depression and anxiety and feel ive lost my way, and my strength. I have a unhealthy relationship with alcohol and food. I would love to find my way again, and be the best version of me and a good role model for my children, let the journey begin.

Replies

• mohamedmutal
    mohamedmutal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had binging problems all my life. Eat till I'm feeling uncomfortable then feel guilty and try to vomit it out.
    It happens two or three times a week. About 2500 everytime
  • mohamedmutal
    mohamedmutal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2500 calories that is. Best thing is to let it happen and use the app to maintain your weekly caloric intake. It can be managed.
  • leahmarie687
    leahmarie687 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for both of your replys, i will give the book a read as i know it is something more than just being overweight, and i am sorty for your own personal battles with binge eating... I know that purging is a unhealthy form of self soothing, but ive woke up feeling really positive today and ready to make change, i will do whatever it takes mentally and physically ☺️
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I suggest you Google and possibly look into trying something called EFT Tapping. The techniques involved can be applied to anything/everything including alcohol and food issues / food problems.
  • merca666
    merca666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm recovering from B.E.D. and I was alcoholic 10+ years ago. As with any addiction, you can only take one day at the time.There will be good days - take advantage of them and there will be bad days - don't beat you self up when it happens.
    Alcoholism is fairly easy to beat - you just remove it from your life. Now years later, I can have a drink or 2, even 3 without being afraid waking up in a cutter somewhere.
    Food is more difficult - we need it to survive. I recommend finding out your trigger foods and minimize those. Also finding the trigger situations and emotional stands helps allot. I'm recovering from B.E.D quite well now and the binges do happen, but they are relatively rare and then not as enormous as before. If you wanna talk to someone who has been (crawling it's way out) there - you are welcome to shoot me a message. Good luck on your journey.
  • leahmarie687
    leahmarie687 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys... These points are really helpful, and the terminology i have never heard of, its not acknowledged enough the place i live, its a very shut up and put up attitude.. So this already feels like progress. ☺️