Fresh Keto Start

Options
KetoPage
KetoPage Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
In the space of 10 months, I lost 5 stone (70lbs). Such a crazy achievement!
I stopped logging as I was happy and I found the balance. I also started playing for a premiership rugby team which is intense!

I'm maintained my weight at around 90-92kg. I'm the strongest I've ever been, but I feel I've gained my gut back.

Anyway, I'm making my way back to MFP as I'm going to reduce the amount of rugby I do so I can obtain a happy life balance (which I'm very much lacking currently).

I'd LOVE to connect with others who are pursuing a Keto/low carb diet and anyone who loves strength training (or any kind or gym rat at all really!)

Much love! xox

Replies

• moon_light_owl
    moon_light_owl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What is 5 Kg in pounds ?
  • KetoPage
    Options
    Apologies! I meant 5 stone - which is 70lbs ish
  • moon_light_owl
    Options
    70 pounds wow that is fantastic !

How many carbs did you eat a day ?
  • KetoPage
    Options
    Thank you!

I wasn't on Keto for the majority of my weight loss - I was just eating a calorie deficit and working out MUCH more. I did keto for 4 week maybe 3 months ago and lost another 10kg (22lbs). So I'm getting back on it for 4 weeks to kick start :smile:
  • moon_light_owl
    Options
    Wish me luck I am going to try this !
  • ceiaraann082512
    ceiaraann082512 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Im currently doing keto and I love it. It's by far the the healthiest relationship with food I've had. I never crave anything and feel satisfied for hours. That's amazing you've lost 70lbs!! Congratulations on such a legit loss!!
  • psu_nurse
    psu_nurse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just recently started keto 2 weeks ago and would also love to hear from others! I teach Les Mills Bodypump (higher reps and lower weight), and POUND (drumming cardio class) and I try to also lift heavy a couple times a week. I found that my first week on keto was rough all around, especially maintaining energy to teach. I have recovered now, and seem to be back at baseline. Another instructor doing keto told me he drinks broth before teaching and the sodium helps him. I bought some bullion cubes to have in my gym bag, but then I started feeling better, so I haven't tried that.
  • SeeKateRun82
    SeeKateRun82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I've lost over 50 pounds this year with keto and strength training. Keto can definitely help with reducing your tummy. At least it has for me.
  • 87jeppy
    87jeppy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome congrats on your weight loss. I began Keto today and hope I can have as much luck as you!
  • Panthers_Nation
    Panthers_Nation Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out although it is not the only LCHF themed group in MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group