Help: WDYD, when....

Options
What do you do when you have already eaten your calorie goal for the day and you haven't even had dinner yet? I mean, am I supposed to just drink water and thats too bad for me today?

Also: What are my "net" calories supposed to say? Are they supposed to be in the negative?:huh:

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    NET calories are supposed to be at a minimum of 1200 (1500 for men). These are the amount of calories you have allowed your body to function off of. You never ever want negative calories. That means you did not allow your body any energy for the day AND you used up energy on top of that. Not healthy. As for dinner- I would eat and try not to do that again tomorrow. :)
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    WORKOUT!! Workout then log your exercise and it will give you calories back :) Can't skip dinner and just drink water!!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Technically you're supposed to NET 1200 calories a day. If you're negative in your NET calories...you've got some eating to do!!!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I would go for a good long walk and earn some extra calories to eat. I wouldn't not eat. If you do eat, make it something light like a salad with some egg whites on it. But me, I'd earn some more to eat.
  • FallonMCal
    Options
    Exercise, then you will have some extra calories for dinner.
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think everyone goes over some days, and you just try to plan what you eat better the next day and keep on keeping on. If I am in that situation and have the opportunity, I add another round of evercise to keep the overage as low as possible. For instance the other day my husband made homemade fried chicken, I would have been fine eating one piece but I ate two! Then I had that stuffed feeling and was OVER my calorie goal. It wasn't quite dark so I rode my bike for 25 minutes and that helped!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I exercise. Net calories are the calories you've eaten for the day minus the calories you burned exercising. And you get to eat back your exercising calories!! So exercise your butt off and eat a nice healthy, balanced meal for dinner. :happy:
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    You go for a walk or run or exercise and then eat back your exercise calories :smile:
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Exercise my butt off to gain some more calories or just eat dinner, one day over isn't going to make or break you. Of the two I would go with the first one.
  • nhanson62493
    Options
    I have used my calories so I have been on a treadmill and got 700 calories back.
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I go workout. I also plan my big meals and drinking so that I know how much I have to work out to enjoy the night. Is that weird?
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you have already eaten your calorie goal for the day and you haven't even had dinner yet? I mean, am I supposed to just drink water and thats too bad for me today?

Also: What are my "net" calories supposed to say? Are they supposed to be in the negative?:huh:

Choices are 1) don't eat or 2) exercise so you can eat more. Net calories are what you're permitted to eat. I always try to get as close to 0 as possible.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    As far as your net calories, mine are almost always in the negative. I really think it depends on your body. Just listen to it. A lot of ppl will start yelling about starvation mode but I have done some reading and from what I have read it doesn't just easily happen the way people say. My advice on that is just plain LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!!!

Now dinner tonight..... take a walk, do a little dance, some jumping jacks. Then eat some food! you can eat light like maybe 300 cals or something and still be full and burn most of it if not all in a little workout! Hope this helps!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options

Choices are 1) don't eat or 2) exercise so you can eat more. Net calories are what you're permitted to eat. I always try to get as close to 0 as possible.

Option 3) adjust your goals to lose less weight -- this will give you more calories.

OK, I think I covered all possible options.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I go workout. I also plan my big meals and drinking so that I know how much I have to work out to enjoy the night. Is that weird?

I don't think it's weird, that's what I do. Seeing how I cook every meal and I'm a SAHM I plan my meals for the day before I put anything in my mouth. If I decided later on to change a meal or two, I know how many calories I have to play with.