Need to lose >130 lbs

Options
I see that I'm gained over 120 pounds in six years pounds. No I want to take it off in less than two.

Replies

• Patriciamariaca
    Patriciamariaca Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I am down 60lb in 1.5 years, but Im going slow.
  • Panthers_Nation
    Panthers_Nation Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! Just take it one small goal at a time, also don't get discouraged if your clothes are fitting looser but your scale isn't moving. I've had that problem, but that's because I've built muscle in my legs.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Why 2 years? It took 6 to gain.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    People who set unrealistic goals are less likely to stick to them. Perhaps set some shorter term goals that you can use as milestones.
  • xPia
    xPia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I've lost 120lb in right at a year. Smaller goals definitely make that mountain easier to climb. And remember, the only thing that can keep you from your goal is if you choose to quit—a bad day is nothing but a speed bump. Good luck!
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm trying to get back on the healthy lifestyle horse myself :)
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options

Spherical chicken in a vacuum, it could probably be done in less; if averaging 1.5lbs/week you're looking at about 22 months.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »

Spherical chicken in a vacuum, it could probably be done in less; if averaging 1.5lbs/week you're looking at about 22 months.

Just so happened the next thread I went to was a guy who dropped 114 in 14 months. Totally achievable.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10607559/114-lbs-weight-loss-before-after-pic
  • piscesjoey
    piscesjoey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m aiming to lose the same amount (well 132 to be exact) but I’ve set smaller goals of losing at least 10% of my current body weight to keep from overwhelming myself. I started at 35 pounds for my first goal & as of last Friday I’m down 22 pounds. You can do it.