Intermittent Fasting Support

Options
Hi! I just started IF. I began a 24 hour fast (I read you can do one or two 24-hour fasting in a week) then started my 16/8 method the next day. I still count calories and do my workout in the 8-hour window instead of upon waking up haha. So far, day 1 was easy (I eat at 12 to 8pm) so if anyone is doing IF too, it would be great to have support friends :) Feel free to send a friend request!

Replies

• christygirl38
    christygirl38 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello! I used to do intermittent fasting but jumped on another diet for some reason. I'm back on it as of 2 days ago. I do great all day but then lose my focus at night. How is the 24 hour fasting working for you? I also like to run in the morning, but I find I can hardly make it to noon.
  • pandamars
    pandamars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello! I used to do intermittent fasting but jumped on another diet for some reason. I'm back on it as of 2 days ago. I do great all day but then lose my focus at night. How is the 24 hour fasting working for you? I also like to run in the morning, but I find I can hardly make it to noon.

The 24 hour went okay, surprisingly. I just kept in my mind that I ate enough food the day before to get me through haha
  • christygirl38
    christygirl38 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Maybe after I get the 12/8 consistent, Ill try throwing a 24 hour fast in here and there.
  • juanitarochelle2014
    Options
    Yes . I've been on IF for 3 months and I like it a lot lost weight in the process ...;) feel free to add me as a friend if u like ;)
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    If you're doing 16:8, you don't need to do 5:2. People usually stick to one or the other. I guess you could do both, but it's not necessary. There is nothing magical about IF. Doing it more often won't help you lose more weight, unless doing both causes you to restrict you calories even more.
  • deborahpreston1113
    Options
    I'm back to IF I love it. I did fall off due to my inconsistent behavior not because of the fasting. I'm excited cause at the end of my journey I get my diamond. Yea