I'm stuck!

Options
Help! I have dropped 15 pounds since April, however I seem to be stuck. I exercise (run, walk and Zumba) 6 days a week and eat smart, but I can't seem to get off 15. Can anyone give advise on how to jump start my losing again? I"m beginning to get discouraged :-( Thanks!

Replies

• ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't know from expierence as I have only been on for about 2 weeks but I have seen other people say to up your calorie intake that it will help you get over your plateau. Apparently your body gets almost like immune to your daily calories a day so you have to change it up a bit.
  • r_stapleton2
    Options
    Keep an eye on your total carb intake ... might need to eat a few less carbs, even if you are within your daily calorie intake.
    Good Luck !! I'm kinda going through that "stuck" thing too ....
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Hard to advise without seeing your diary. If you are all the way down to the min 1200 and exercising alot you need to eat more and the last should come off.

You need to have fuel to burn, lots of water, protein and fiber and limit fat, simple carbs and sodium.

Best of luck!
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    I am no expert but maybe you need to switch your rutine a little bit. For example, change the cardio rate to a more demanding one or increase your time. Have one day off, meaning, have a day were you eat normal. Just in case you are in starvation mode. it look like you might hit the plateu i think this is normal. Just switch thing around that should help.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Help! I have dropped 15 pounds since April, however I seem to be stuck. I exercise (run, walk and Zumba) 6 days a week and eat smart, but I can't seem to get off 15. Can anyone give advise on how to jump start my losing again? I"m beginning to get discouraged :-( Thanks!

Without knowing exactly what your diet looks like, it would be hard to tell what improvements can be made. However, if you have been doing the same exercise routine for longer than 4 months, your body may have become efficient at burning those calories and are actually burning less than you used to. Maybe it's time for a change in your routine with focus on strength training and a clean diet. Good luck!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Check your carbs and sodium levels. The scale wouldn't move for me, but once I upped protein and healthy fats, it moved 7 lbs in 2 weeks. Plus I upped my cals from 1200 to 1600, and I eat 75%-100% of my exercise cals. How far away are you from goal?
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Watch your carbs try cutting out bread, pasta, and potatoes. Except sweet potatoes those are really good for you. Try eating clean, in other words don't eat anything in a box. I tried this recently and have seen better results. Also if for example you are eating 1200 cal a day try uping your calories to 1400 or more for a day or two and then go back to 1200. I have done this and lost weight within days of returning to my regular calories. Also you should eat 5-6 small meals and drink lots of water. These are just things that I have done and have I have been consistently been lossing weight since feb. Feel free to look at my food diary.
  • mbaychic
    Options
    Lots of water and lots of green veggies. Not sure what diet plan you are on, but leafy veggies are the best. Also, eating small meals over 5-6 times per day helps your metabolism. Your metabolism will be higher if you are giving your body energy (food) several times a day. Sort of "tricking" your body into beleiving that you are munching a lot more.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I joined in January, dropped 83 pounds very quickly and lost weight each week. Then the dreaded plateau hit! I was stuck for 2 months but very stuck for 5 solid weeks. I tried everything. I changed my workouts, increased strength training, I zigzagged calories, increased my calorie intake and made sure I ate back my exercise calories. The one thing that worked for me, and I'm not saying this is for everything, but I tried the 4 Hour Body Diet by Tim Ferriss. I dropped 4 pounds in one week and have been losing since. I only wanted to try it long enough to knock me off the plateau and it worked. Message me if you want more info.
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I'm in the same situation you are! I've been stuck at 15 lbs for a while. Gonna' try some of these suggestions!