Do You...

Options
find it discouraging at times when some one's starting weight is your ending weight goal? lol I know that sounds stupid but sometimes it just gets me down and makes me feel even worse about myself! But I always remind myself, as my tennis coach in high school always said, Only compare yourself to yourself.

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Yes, right now I just want to see 199 on that scale!!!
  • sheffiej34
    Options
    Your coach was on the right track!! We each have our own individual goals for various reasons. Some of us want to lose those last few stubborn pounds, others of us need to lose half our body weight. It's a journey to a new you regardless of where you end up.

Life will improve, health will improve, you will fell better about you for reaching that goal. If you choose to set a new goal - go for it. Otherwise, revel in your accomplishments. You are a beautiful creation. Embark on this journey with your head held high!

You have made an excellent decision to take that first step. No apologies, No comparisons, No looking back.

Just you!

Would be honored to walk with you if you'd like.

Take care!
    janelle
  • sheffiej34
    Options
    Yes, right now I just want to see 199 on that scale!!!

The first time I saw it, I cried ... It is possible. With dedication, life style changes, and NO self loathing for "back-sliding," it will happen.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I hear you.I also have trouble when I see some of the wt people loose,when i`m busting my butt.
    Just hang in there.
    lol
    jane
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, girl! My goal, for now, is 150, even though I might go lower if I ever get to that point. I see girls on here all the time who are short like me (4'11") who's goal is 105...oh well. I love your quote of only comparing yourself to yourself!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy, but I am looking forward to 188 pounds. According to the BMI charts I looked at, I will go from "obese" to "overweight" at 188 pounds. I never thought I would be excited to be overweight. lol
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy, but I am looking forward to 188 pounds. According to the BMI charts I looked at, I will go from "obese" to "overweight" at 188 pounds. I never thought I would be excited to be overweight. lol

doesn't sound crazy at all! like my goal is 175... might change once I get there but that will be awhile down the road!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyone's goals are different so we shouldn't compare even though it's hard not too though sometimes, thats just human nature....someone may be skinny and trying to maintain but has worked super hard to get there just like anyone who has lots to lose.....it's about so much more than just weightloss, it's a whole new way of life in so many ways....you will get there!!! consistency and patience are the keys to success....I don't think there is ever a time when we actually stop trying to improve...its the journey along the way that matters...xx
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    I needed this today. "Only compare yourself to yourself" that's a good one to remember. I am pretty darn sure that my goal of losing 70lbs is going to put me the lowest I'm healthily able to go since I intend to be lean & athletic, not just small. Muscle weighs more per unit of volume than fat and being 6 ft and 175lbs is NOT a bad thing.

but its tough knowing that there are some experiences in life I will never be able to participate in because even at a healthy & athletic & fit weight I will not be light enough. I can never ride a donkey into the grand canyon because you can only weigh 180 WITH all packs (and, go figure, they weigh more than 5lbs.). There are certain sports and events within sports that I'll never be allowed to compete in, no matter how much I want to.

And its all REALLY frustrating. But at the end of the day - I am blessed with the height & build the man above gave me - and I can't (and I WON'T) do anything to diminish that gift. I just want to lose another 34lbs so I'm healthy and tone up this body to be the best at everything I am allowed to do. And all the amazing experiences I will have as the 'new me.'