Calling all Coffee drinkers!

Options
2»

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    ^^ Those were the same reasons I started drinking it black - powdered creamer everywhere! Ick!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    With half and half cream, and stevia or monkfruit to sweeten. Occasionally I'll have a flat white or cappuccino at a coffee house, also sweetened with stevia or monkfruit. That's how I like it and after nearly 50 years of drinking it that way, I have no desire to force myself to like it black.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Whole milk latte, no sweetener.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Usually I drink it black but for a treat I'll add cashew milk, stevia, vanilla, cinnamon, Hershey's chocolate, and a squirt of whipped cream.
  • egorock413
    egorock413 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MCT oil and cacao powder, you get the health benefits form the cacao and it gives the coffee a chocolate taste
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Kokalol wrote: »
    :)
    So any neat ways you drink your coffee to keep it somewhat healthy!
    I use coconut oil in place of creamer and in a blender to make it frothy! I also cut back to 2-3 8oz here and there, and switched to tea! But i still love my coffee! Its the one treat i want to keep in my meal plan!
    Any other ideas to make it yummy!

Just curious how coconut oil is "healthier" than creamer?

IDK...we buy high quality coffee beans and grind fresh daily and drink it black...good coffee really doesn't need anything IMO. If my wife happens to get a dark roast I usually cut it with a little milk as I prefer a medium roast...preferably Colombian bean.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I never really put sugar in my coffee, but always used milk or half and half. It took me FOREVER to cut back until I was drinking black coffee, but now I love it. I agree with the poster above who says if you drink your coffee black you can really tell if it's a good cup or not.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I love coffee- it is my favorite drink- I use different flavor K cups- and enjoy with 1 tbs of half and half or with almond milk and stevia or sweetner of choice each morning.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I add whey isolate and chocolate milk to mine for a great preworkout protein shake.

Same here. I use vanilla protein powder instead of cream & sugar.
  • catic15
    catic15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One of the things I love about the ketogenic diet is being able to use real cream in my coffee without guilt, and I usually froth it in a blender along with a tablespoon each of good-quality butter and coconut oil. Stevia is my sweetener of choice, and if I'm really getting fancy I may add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder or a little vanilla extract.
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I once upon a time dumped my black coffee into my chocolate protein shake while rushing from the gym to work. Have been addicted ever since.
  • jamusftrip
    jamusftrip Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink espresso black no sugar, BUT I add fun things to the grounds. Cinnamon, or pumpkin spice, or mint...
    I recently got a mega grinder and have been grinding almonds in with the beans. It's gotta be fattening because it's so good. It's rough on the grinder too.
    Tasty stuff though.
  • str82nichelle
    str82nichelle Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I just take the hit! I sacrificed my International Delight Cold Stone Sweet Cream creamer for the Silk caramel creamer, but I gotta keep atleast one teaspoon of sugar.

• Kokalol
    Kokalol Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Kokalol wrote: »
    :)
    So any neat ways you drink your coffee to keep it somewhat healthy!
    I use coconut oil in place of creamer and in a blender to make it frothy! I also cut back to 2-3 8oz here and there, and switched to tea! But i still love my coffee! Its the one treat i want to keep in my meal plan!
    Any other ideas to make it yummy!

Just curious how coconut oil is "healthier" than creamer?

IDK...we buy high quality coffee beans and grind fresh daily and drink it black...good coffee really doesn't need anything IMO. If my wife happens to get a dark roast I usually cut it with a little milk as I prefer a medium roast...preferably Colombian bean.

I was looking into getting a grinder, perhaps i shall try a good coffee black and see how that is!
  • Kokalol
    Kokalol Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    jamusftrip wrote: »
    I drink espresso black no sugar, BUT I add fun things to the grounds. Cinnamon, or pumpkin spice, or mint...
    I recently got a mega grinder and have been grinding almonds in with the beans. It's gotta be fattening because it's so good. It's rough on the grinder too.
    Tasty stuff though.

How do you ad mint? Do you crush the mint leave then ad on top of grounds? Excellent idea by the way!