Newbie in need of support

Options
Hi All, one of my friends has recommended myfitness pal as I'm looking to lose some weight.

I lost 2 stone doing slimming world, while I looked so much better I was miserable because I couldn't so much as look at a treat without putting weight on and instead of being motivated to lose weight each week, I gave up as it was just too much pressure.

However, I've now put all of that 2 stone back on and am not happy with the way I look.

I work full time as well as running my own business from home so struggle to find the time to exercise but have set myself a goal of doing an hour twice a week.

I haven't set myself a date as that's where I go wrong.

Really looking forward to getting to know people who are in the same position as me

xxx Tasha xxx

Replies

• gingerninja22
    gingerninja22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hii :) i know how it feels to lose weight, lose motivation then put it all back on (and more) as i did the same thing a few months ago! i'm new too but this website is amazing, the people are so supportive. friend me if you like :) good luck!
  • mbaychic
    Options
    Set a date! :-) That is what helped me before when I was on MyFitnessPal. I am rejoining now for similar reasons. I had lost weight and now have gained some of it back. So, I want to get back on track. I found that setting my goal helped tremendously, as did logging my weight and measurements. Don't overweigh yourself though. You should weight maybe once every couple of days or once a week (definitely no more than once per day as your weight fluctuates throughout the day) and pick your weighing time so that it coordinates with roughly the same time of the day every time you weigh. I always weighed first thing in the morning before I ate breakfast. The body measurements seemed more helpful to me than the weight change though. Some times you will hit a plateau for a little while (possibly from just excess water retention or whatever) but you will notice the change in your measurements even when you don't see a change on your scales. Good luck! :-)
  • Jeeberella
    Options
    I know I should set a date but I put too much pressure on myself and if I haven't achieved what I wanted to by a set time then I give it. Deciding to do it at my own pace this time so that it comes off and stays off!
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    hii :) i know how it feels to lose weight, lose motivation then put it all back on (and more) as i did the same thing a few months ago! i'm new too but this website is amazing, the people are so supportive. friend me if you like :) good luck!

I feel the same way! If you want to friend me feel free! Good Luck ;)
  • zoeypanther
    Options
    something that i have found that helped me. was that instead of being so super fickle about not having sweets. i allowed my self to have 1 cheat day. that way i can have a sweet of my choice and not feel like im being deprived. and i have gotten to the point where i dont really think about sweets a lot. also i have added more veggies to my diet over time. which is great for the fiber intake and fiber will make you feel full longer. and as for exercise... just do what you can. when you can do it. even taking 10 min every now and then like when your cooking dinner.. to do a couple of laps around the house walking, squats or even lunges. little thing during small time frames make a difference. i hope this helps a little bit. good luck!
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    Welcome! I think most of us can relate! MFP is a great way to restart your health and fitness goals. For me, part of it is being aware of what I am eating. It also helps to be able to log excercise if you can fit it in. Good luck on your health journey! :smile:
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I know just how you feel.
    You can go ahead and add me if you need any extra support.
  • Jeeberella
    Options
    Thanks Ladies, it's much appreciated.

I think you might be on to something with this 1 treat a day business you know.

I'm starting off with meal replacement shakes see how I get on with those as my biggest problem is not feeling full from eating the good stuff. So my plan is to start off with that, lose some weight then come off then and just eat healthier and do more exercise.

I don't have kids or anything to run around after and I work in an office all day then come home and work on my business from my laptop but am going to make time to exercise as I want to be able to run around with my goddaughters (7 months and 2 years) without feeling fat and tired lol
  • moamcgoo
    moamcgoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a newbie too... Just joined yesterday. I'm already excited about starting and I was good both today and yesterday. I don't know what two stone is, but you'll get back there. Friend me and we can motivate each other:)