Anyone from Katy Texas

Options
robertgspeed1606
robertgspeed1606 Posts: 270 Member
edited October 2017 in Motivation and Support
I walk most mornings. I would like to find someone or someone's in Katy to walk with. I also workout at 24 Hour Fitness 3 times a week.

Would also like to have some friends here that care about my progress.

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near Texas, but I wish you luck. Have you thought about joining or starting a Meetup group for walking? Also, my smaller town has a walking group. Yours may as well. Sometimes local hospitals may have a walking group program.

I hope you find someone to walk with! :)
  • robertgspeed1606
    Options
    Well I'm sure I'll find someone but in the meantime its just me and the Grateful Dead.
  • Onthetrinity
    Onthetrinity Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on US 90, but 45 miles east of Houston in a small town called Liberty. That's getting close.

I have a MapMyWalk friend in a small town in Ontario, Canada. It's cool to follow his progress and share mine remotely. It is also fun to have someone to walk with IRL. When I visit a certain friend in Houston overnight or my daughter in Memphis, we walk together regularly. It's quite fun and a nice change from my otherwise solitary strolls. Good luck in finding someone.

We have miles of bottom land hiking trails here in the Trinity River National Wildlife Refuge. If that sounds interesting, I'd enjoy sharing a hike on one of them with you (about 6 miles). I've just begun exploring them. They were quite well marked and maintained, as hiking trails go - like new until the recent floods. I've not been back out on them since, but I expect they survived well. As it cools off, we're approaching a good time of year for hiking them. I'm aiming to get out on them again soon.

I'm new to this user community, but a longtime user of MFP and MMW. Using these two apps, I've lost 50+ pounds and learned a ton about nutrition. I'd have never been able to do it otherwise. I don't intend to go away soon and am looking for pals to get through the next 50 pounds. Katy works for me.
  • robertgspeed1606
    Options
    Very cool. Haven't done much hiking since my 2 hip replacements. Just getting back leg strength. That does sound fun though.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Lewisville is as close as Conroe on the interwebz.
  • o_chaisson19
    o_chaisson19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am in Houston. I have about 86 lbs to lose. I just started my journey about a month ago and have lost about 14 lbs in one month and 9 days.
  • robertgspeed1606
    Options
    Well send a friend request and we can push each other up the hill.