Hello

Options
Hi everyone I'm kinda new here. I'm looking for friends who have been successful at loosing weight. I am 47 years old and I weight 315lbs. My goal is to loose as much weight as I can, to feel healthy again. I have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, pre-diabetes and pre hypertension. I am scared because even tho I have always been overweight I have always gotten good checkups. This time was different. The Doctor gave me medication for thyroid among various vitamins, and said I need to watch my sugar and salt intake and carbs. I've tried different nutritional life styles before, vegetarian, fruitarian, keto.. And really I kept gaining weight. Now I'm just confused on which the best diet for me is. I don't know where to start, I just know, at this point I really need help.

Replies

• athenistic
    athenistic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! You sound a bit overwhelmed! I come from a family that’s loaded with diabetics. It is overwhelming, but don’t think that you can’t tackle this! Add me, if you like!

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • jenaijen
    jenaijen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's a journey, and it's awesome that you're taking steps to figure out what works best for you.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me