Sometimes I forget how far I've come..... (This is my first post ever I think?)

Options
imvandeen
imvandeen Posts: 12 Member
Then I find a photo of the "old me" with my niece. :-O

No gym, no gimmicks, no pills, nothing fancy at all, just a cheap £150 mountain bike, £20 trainers, £15 track suit & With the help of Myfitnesspal, Strava, grit determination, & consistency in both diet & exercise + logging EVERYTHING to keep me accountable, motivated & focused it's been a blast.

Still got a bit more to come back off that I gained back when I had to stop cycling for a year following a hernia & subsequent operation/complications, but can honestly say "I FEEL GREAT!" & back into the 32" Jeans :smiley: (down from a 46" waist in the beginning)

So, if I can do it, even in my 40's, & IF? YOU want it bad enough, then YOU can too.

JUST DO IT! NO EXCUSES! YOU'LL LOVE IT!!! :smiley:

avfkxg60cnt3.jpg

I'd say good luck, but that doesn't come into it, so I'll say STAY STRONG & STICK WITH IT! instead. A consistent calorie deficit is all it takes, that and a realisation that you can't "fix a bad diet" even with good exercise.

I've opened up my diary to "public" now as I don't really use it any more, so I'm maybe not the best person for a newby to follow nowadays, but I still stick with the life changing principles this site taught me & for that I'm eternally grateful. :blush:

So all the best to everyone on all of your journeys & I hope this post & photos helps with your motivation as similar ones did for me when I was starting out & the going was tough. :smiley:

Now I'll probably just crawl away into the background & lurk for the next few years again :blush:

Replies

• Petzwv
    Petzwv Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    amazing :-)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should stick around!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I'm at a stage in this effort where I need to see such success stories.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow congrats that is amazing
  • Brokenwings119
    Brokenwings119 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congrats!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nice work... very well done!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    SO INSPIRING! THANKS FOR SHARING!!
  • sflohr
    sflohr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love that you express how much fun it has been!!!! You look great!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look just great! And so does that baby! Think how much healthier he will be with a healthy role model!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job you are such an inspiration.
  • SquirrelBrain
    SquirrelBrain Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic!

Thanks for posting a follow up. I find the posts about maintained weight loss very inspiring since that is something I find tougher than the initial weight loss.
  • labbender
    labbender Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely incredible!! So inspiring!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!