Portion Controls

Options
Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
Should you really worry when it comes to veggies? I have a huge thing for sauteed muschrooms with pam and a little lemon pepper........or veggies in general? asparagus? I could eat it all day!

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat all the veggies I want. The only thing I worry about is how much extra stuff I put on it ( like cheese,butter, hummus, etc).
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Everything counts. Everything. I weigh my veggies before I eat them. Does it matter like chips? No, of course not. But it all adds up at the end of the day.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Yeah eat as much of the good stuff like veggies as you want. Just as long as they aren't smothered in butter. lol
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is just my personal opinion, but take it for what it's worth - when it comes to food, nothing in life is totally without consequences, but veggies are the closest to having no consequences. I track everything that goes in to my mouth at the moment, but I've found that even when I eat huge quantities of veggies, there's not a huge effect on my bottom line, calorie-wise. I wind up feeling VERY full long before the calories become a problem. Just one person's experience...
  • raydeb
    raydeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The answer is generaly NO it of course all depends how you cook them I usualy steam or grill them(on a Gorge forman grill) the advantage I use very little oil. They all have cals but more bang for you buck.

Keep going
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i log and track even the veggies, having said that though, i may only eat 1/2 cup of rice or something high cal, but i may and have eaten 3 cups of vegetables. It is important to calculate what esle you are using though, i used to think the oils, sprays, little butter didn't have an impact so if you use anything like that make sure you track it.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Yes it all counts!

btw: why all the butter hate?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    This is just my personal opinion, but take it for what it's worth - when it comes to food, nothing in life is totally without consequences, but veggies are the closest to having no consequences. I track everything that goes in to my mouth at the moment, but I've found that even when I eat huge quantities of veggies, there's not a huge effect on my bottom line, calorie-wise. I wind up feeling VERY full long before the calories become a problem. Just one person's experience...

DITTO