Anyone else wonder how did this happen?

Options
I was cleaning out the closet and tried on some pants that fit just a few years ago. Very dismayed to find those same pants were no where close to fitting now! We moved across country two years ago, moving from one of the fittest states in the country to one of the most unfit. No doubt that was a big part of it but mainly, I just got lazy. Well, that and having hypothyroidism. Anyone else going through something similar? I'm ready to reclaim my old healthy habits and get back into those clothes!

Replies

• smomnnyrb
    smomnnyrb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! I moved and my whole routine changed. Longer hours, long commute, less frequent workouts. Coupled with the fact I was sick of being so particular with my diet. But I was happy being thinner and have renewed resolve now. It is stressful to relocate for sure. You got this!
  • maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You got this! We all in this together
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yep, I moved from MD to MS two years ago, and gained most of the weight back that I had lost. New foods, less fresh veggie selection, no fresh foods farmers markets, Mississippi being the fattest state in the Union, etc etc etc. My new job is more stressful now. Both my parents passed within a 6-wk time period this past spring. All of these are excuses, I know, but I let my guard down and the binges came back with a vengeance. I’m just now starting over, Baby steps day by day.
  • GlowskiMcGlitter
    GlowskiMcGlitter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I still have pants I am keeping because I know I can get back into them. Just have to stick to it! Add me!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It's nice to know I'm not alone. We'll stick together on this one!