New here, 0 willpower

Options
Would like to lose 30lbs, whatever the realistic time frame is. I work 50hrs a week, come home to cook dinner and raising 2kids. I have time to exercise and do better but I like food and need friends that I can go on this journey with and we can keep each other motivated

Replies

• claudiag714
    claudiag714 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im in the same situation. I have 4 kids, work 40 hrs a week and need to lose 30 lbs! Lets help each other???
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You have willpower. You just haven't found your motivation yet. Finding that will go a long way.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Don't rely on willpower, or motivation, or support. Educate yourself, set yourself up for success. We all like food. You don't have to overeat. Plan meals ahead and have everything ready, maybe use a slowcooker, and just eat as much as you need.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Would like to lose 30lbs, whatever the realistic time frame is. I work 50hrs a week, come home to cook dinner and raising 2kids. I have time to exercise and do better but I like food and need friends that I can go on this journey with and we can keep each other motivated

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

30 weeks is a realistic timeframe
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You have will power to show up for work 40-50 hours a week.. That's more than me. Work sucks.
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    We ALL love food! You can still eat food you like- just need to plan more. I find losing a struggle as well, but guess you need to decide what you want more- to lose weight or to eat whatever you want. If you really want it you'll make it happen. My goal is 35 pounds so we're in about the same place.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on willpower, or motivation, or support. Educate yourself, set yourself up for success. We all like food. You don't have to overeat. Plan meals ahead and have everything ready, maybe use a slowcooker, and just eat as much as you need.

This x1000!

It is possible. It just takes time and work. Show up even if you don't want to. Like work!