Hey 'dere!

Hi, I'm Lisa and in NE Wisconsin. I'm starting my journey to be healthy. Yes I do need to lose weight. I do have health problems that are affected by my weight. I've had the app on my iPod Touch for a while and have decided to actually USE it. I know shocking, right? I work out at Snap Fitness in my town and my work out buddy is my 14 yo daughter who is going to be a Freshman this year and is (as you can see by my user name) a hockey player. She also has decided to try some other sports and started to come to the gym with me to get stronger. Of course when they're 14 it takes them all of 2 weeks! Right now she's on the west coast with her dad. He's an OTR truck driver.

One obstacle I seem to have is that when hubby is home, it seems as if there's never enough time in the day to go to the gym. But when he's on the road 3 to 4 weeks at a time, I have no problem. One thing was that we only had one vehicle between us, but that's been remedied and I now have my own car. I don't know what difficulty is when he's home though.

I have joined a fitness challenge that will be starting in September and am now working on getting myself into the habit of getting to the gym 6 days a week for 30 - 45 minutes of exercise a day. I know I do go over a bit on days I strength train and cardio but averaging 30 - 45 minutes is reasonable. I also join the challenges that Snap publish especially ones that involve their easyfit.

I'm looking for friends in my area (or not) who are like me, that want to get healthier, so let's get out there and get it done.

Replies

• jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    I saw the Hey 'dere and thought, "This person HAS to be from Wisconsin!" :D Right back atcha from South Central WI! Very best of luck to you!
  • hotwow
    hotwow Posts: 21 Member
    Hey dere right back atcha!!! Totally here for you. Feel free to friend me. I too am from Wisconsin and I too have a 14 year old daughter and I too need the encouragement from you!!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Although my hubby isn't gone as long as yours, I get what you're saying about that. Mine's only gone 4 days a week (every week). I think it was guilt that was keeping me from my routine on those 3 days that he is home. I felt like I had to devote all of my attention to him because he wasn't here all week. I got over that feeling and now everything is on track. Oh, and I'm not in Wisconsin but I am your neighbor to the south in Illinois.
  • Well heelow 'dere i am from western wi but am in search for some more modivation. I have lost 34lbs since i started but the last few weeks I have not logged in and it shows. I have not been keeping on track.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    LOL
    @jmruef Actually I'm not originally from Wisconsin but once you live here it's like a cult, you join the dark side. Well almost, I'm still not a Packers fan. Don't get me wrong, they're ok and all but I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area so I'm a 49ers fan. We live pretty close to Green Bay so it's all Packers all the time. But on the bright side I do know what a REAL fish fry is.