Best exercises according to Harvard.

Options

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hmm, not sure I’d accept the daily mail’s opinion on anything.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ... according to a (read: one single) Harvard doctor (Doctor of what? I wouldn't blame an engineer for not being up to date on the best exercises for my body. Edit: Of medicine, it seems.) (according to the title of the article). Which then immediately gets a promotion to Harvard professor in the summary. I stopped reading after that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    its from the daily fail, i don't even want to click on it... cliffs notes anyone?!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    its from the daily fail, i don't even want to click on it... cliffs notes anyone?!

Yeah, I was hoping someone would take one for the team. No way am I giving the Fail any traffic.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Not surprisingly they don't cite the publication they're basing it on.....
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options

Yeah, I was hoping someone would take one for the team. No way am I giving the Fail any traffic.

I third this. I'm curious but I refuse to click.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I skimmed over it. The five activities, if I remember correctly were:
    1. Swimming
    2. Tai Chi
    3. Strength training
    4. Walking
    5. Kegel exercises

No need to thank me. I am interested in the now following discussion.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

You don't need to be a long distance runner, there's no need to run a marathon, try these things instead. It's standard HuffPo clickbait.

The paper it refers to is titled "Starting ...", so whilst there is, as ever, no context it would appear to relate to new exercisers.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    But Harvard....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You don't need to be a long distance runner, there's no need to run a marathon, try these things instead. It's standard HuffPo clickbait.

The paper it refers to is titled "Starting ...", so whilst there is, as ever, no context it would appear to relate to new exercisers.

Thanks!

well obvs, i don't need to be a long distance runner, but i feel its a bit late for that now!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Wait “kegel exercises” are on the list?! And to think of all the bonus calories I’ve been missing out on recording...