Struggling with my sweet tooth... and cheese!

Options
Hey, im Maggie, 30 and from Derbyshire in the UK. About three years ago i managed to get to my target weight through slimming world and lost a total of three stone. The weights not stayed off though unfortunately and ive since put on two stone.

My problems? Chocolate, cheese and having lack of motivation to prepare meals after long shifts at work! If anyone has any tips or tricks they'd like to share... or would friend me on here i would appreciate it :) seeing other peoples journeys helps me!x

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Plan meals you want to eat, schedule time to prepare it, make sure you have all the ingredients you need, and don't buy foods you really don't want to eat. Sorry if this sounds so obvious that it feels insulting/too simple, I assume it will. It took me twenty years to realize it's really that simple.
  • kelsiestoner
    kelsiestoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my weaknessss, I could sit and eat a whole block by myself. But I would agree with what he said, when I plan meals that I look forward to and plan my calories out for the day I don't find myself thinking about snacking in between.
  • RebeccaHovland
    RebeccaHovland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Maggie!

So my sister is a dietitian and she has been helping me loose weight (35 down!). I eat cheese everyday. Its a huuuugggee part of my diet. The key is portion control and to find low calorie cheese, like mozzarella or feta, that you can put on just about everything. As for the chocolate, train yourself to like dark chocolate. It's not easy but usually if you have a small square of dark chocolate (at least 72% cocao) a day for a few weeks, you will find that your sweet tooth starts to curb. It's been about six months and I can honestly say that I don't really crave milk chocolate or candy in general anymore. Fitness is all about creating lifestyle changes that you can live with. Don't deprive yourself because you will likely end up binge-eating your sweets.

You can do this!

Rebecca Hovland!
  • blondage303
    blondage303 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had to meal plan in order to stay on track. Otherwise I would succumb to almost all temptations. I find that taking the time on a weekend to plan at least 5-10 meals throughout the week really helps me stay focused. I buy chocolate but I put it in individual serving size baggies and grab no more than one a day. I should probably do less, but realistically, I'll never give up sweets so I'm just trying to work on the "portion control."