Questions which may or may not be quirky

Options
KJararachelle
KJararachelle Posts: 5 Member
First a little background. I'm 27 and just beginning this weight loss journey. I've done keto/low carb many times in the past, and have had pretty significant results, (though nowhere near a GW). I am finally aware however that it just isn't a sustainable lifestyle for ME. I don't really want to cut out that many different foods FOREVER. So, I generally lose a bunch of weight, then go back to eating as I normally would, and inevitably gain it all back. My body seems pretty happy to stay in the 185-190ish range, and those are the weights I've fluctuated between for most of my adult life... Except when I'm pregnant. Oh wait, I've been pregnant for pretty much the past 6 years. I can't complain though, as I have 6 beautiful children to show for it (all 6 years of age and under). 5 boys and finally this last June, my first little girl. During pregnancy I generally shoot up to 235-240ish with a weight gain of near 50lbs each time. About a week and a half post partum, I'm down to about 210-215, and relatively shortly thereafter begin another low carb stint to try and get back to some semblance of normal, before I get pregnant yet again. Vicious cycle, I know! This is my first time trying good ol' calorie counting, and I'm definitely finding I like it a lot better. I'd rather choose "this or that" and eat what I want, so long as I can fit it into my calorie budget, then cut out entire food groups for the rest of my life. (Disclaimer: The last sentence is in no way meant to be offensive to those of you who "keto and love it", it just isn't for me.) Although, I have cut out almost all refined sugar, simple carbs, and most gluten from my diet, at least for the time being. Anyways, as I said earlier, I am just beginning this particular weight loss journey (The last week in August) and my start weight was 206. I'm currently down to 191, and have a ultimate goal of somewhere in the 140s. As of right now, I'm just taking it 10 lbs at a time. So... Onto the questions. They may seem a bit quirky, but I genuinely wonder about most of these. If anyone reading this has strange, (or even normal

Replies

• CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Were you gonna add questions or....?
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I was patiently waiting for them.as well
  • KJararachelle
    Options
    Lol! Apparently they decided not to be added!!! Not really sure where they went? I'll try again!!!
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Or just put it in here in the thread
  • KJararachelle
    Options
    QUESTION 1: (And this is serious guys) My whole life I've been overweight and have always hated and had major insecurities about my wide feet, fat fingers and chubby toes... Sounds silly maybe, but it is what it is. Anyway, will they lose weight along with everything else? My feet are very wide, so maybe there is nothing to be done about that, but as far as the chubbiness goes? And anyone else who has experienced similar with the wide feet that could chime in would be greatly appreciated.
    QUESTION 2: Did losing weight majorly affect your attitude and Outlook on life? In general, are you/do you feel happier/more carefree then before? Has your disposition changed according to YOU?
    QUESTION 3: Once you lost the majority of your weight, did you go shopping and spend an excessive amount of money on clothing? Or go to the store and try on everything?
    QUESTION 4: Was there a particular body part that you didn't really like, and couldn't see yourself ever liking, that was thoroughly changed, to the point where you can at least now stand it? (For myself, I have always wanted nice shaply legs, but my calves are pretty decent sized and almost look as though they won't ever get that much slimmer. Again, anyone with the same or similar experience please chime in.)
    QUESTION 5: Did most of the people in your friends/family group seem happy for you and all you had accomplished, or were there many who just seemed jealous/unaccepting?

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more... Feel free to add your own!!!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    QUESTION 1: (And this is serious guys) My whole life I've been overweight and have always hated and had major insecurities about my wide feet, fat fingers and chubby toes... Sounds silly maybe, but it is what it is. Anyway, will they lose weight along with everything else? My feet are very wide, so maybe there is nothing to be done about that, but as far as the chubbiness goes? And anyone else who has experienced similar with the wide feet that could chime in would be greatly appreciated.
    QUESTION 2: Did losing weight majorly affect your attitude and Outlook on life? In general, are you/do you feel happier/more carefree then before? Has your disposition changed according to YOU?
    QUESTION 3: Once you lost the majority of your weight, did you go shopping and spend an excessive amount of money on clothing? Or go to the store and try on everything?
    QUESTION 4: Was there a particular body part that you didn't really like, and couldn't see yourself ever liking, that was thoroughly changed, to the point where you can at least now stand it? (For myself, I have always wanted nice shaply legs, but my calves are pretty decent sized and almost look as though they won't ever get that much slimmer. Again, anyone with the same or similar experience please chime in.)
    QUESTION 5: Did most of the people in your friends/family group seem happy for you and all you had accomplished, or were there many who just seemed jealous/unaccepting?

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more... Feel free to add your own!!!

1) Yes your hands and feet will lose weight though the wideness of your foot is just the way they are.
    2) I personally do feel happier at a lower weight.
    3) Shopping is fun instead of stressful now. I try on everything and have the problem of not buying thing that do look good on me. There are lots of options instead of very few and buying out of default bc it fits.
    4) I was never a fan of my stomach but I've even been out in a bikini this summer so I still see flaws but I can tolerate it.
    5) I've gotten mostly positive responses with jealousy mixed in but you should just take the bitterness as a compliment.

Good luck to you on your journey!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I lost a shoe size and a ring size, so it's entirely possible. I used to just stare at my hands because they looked so different after losing weight.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'll just answer 2). I wouldn't say I'm happier or have a better outlook because of weight loss. I gained weight from being a variety of bored, depressed, in the middle of loss and grief and, to a smaller extent being pregnant or post breastfeeding. I feel more like myself and would say I'm happier and more satisfied because I set goals, worked toward them, made sacrifices to do the work and eventually achieved those goals while setting more. So the process made me happier than the result because I feel like the goal setting, proactive, get it done person I consider myself to be, if that makes any sense. And my body being physically stronger makes me feel stronger emotionally.