Water?

Options
How much water does everyone actually drink a day. Total water not total liquids. Thanks

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    4-6 litres depending... plus tea/coffee. Apparently this is unusual.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today there were 11.6 oz of ice in the smoothie, 4 oz of kefir. You work out the H2O content of that, and don't forget the H2O content of the 1 oz of hulled hemp and the H2O content of the 1 oz of ripe blackberries and the ... do you see how impractical it is to answer your question? Malibu gave you the best you're going to get.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    No idea. But apparently it's enough.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I average around 15 cups, usually without trying.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    100 oz
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Pure water between 24 and 48 ounces on a typical day, sometimes more. I also drink coffee (iced or hot), tea (iced or hot), bai or vitamin water zero, and an occasional diet coke. I feel I get plenty of liquids this way.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    No idea. I drink water when thirsty, and my thirst level varies depending on the weather, my activity level, and how much water I get from other food and drink sources. I don't track it, but I've always had reliable thirst signals and rarely find myself dehydrated.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    In summer, around 3L. In winter, i struggle to get down 1L
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    About 90oz. I have a 32 oz bottle I fill up when I get to work, at lunch and again before I run.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't track water but it varies based on what I'm doing, the temperature, etc. My urine says it's enough.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    2.5-3.5lt, depending on my exercise levels. This is a mix of water and herbal/green teas (no sugar or milk).
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I don't count, because I know I get much more than 8 glasses (64 oz) a day.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    about 2-3 bottles a day, but I chug tea like it's nobody's business. (btw, I drink it straight- no cream or sugar)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's pretty variable...I don't have some magical set amount...I just stay hydrated...I've never in my life counted how much water I'm drinking.

It depends on a lot of things...I'm going to need more water on a day that I go ride 30 miles than I will on a day that I sit around the house watching football. I'll need more water in the summer when I'm cycling in 100* weather than I will riding in the winter...etc, etc, etc.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Probably at least 96 oz. I have a 32 oz bottle that I refill 1 and 1/2 times while at work, then at home I continue with regular water or sparkling water. I love water though.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Enough to keep me hydrated. I don't aim for a certain amount.

Yup - this.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I just drink to my thirst, not including coffee etc between 1& 2 litres per day (more if it's a long run or ride on a hot/humid day)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I drink 16 ounces right after I wake up, 16 ounces after my workout, and to thirst the rest of the day (usually at least 32 more ounces).
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe 12 oz. The rest from diet ginger ale or seltzer