Newlywed needing to lose about 90lbs

Options
blnetsova
blnetsova Posts: 22 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I'm Bethany. I just got married a couple months ago to my amazing husband. Unlike most brides, I didn't try to lose weight before the wedding; I had enough on my plate.

So now that all the hoopla from the wedding has died down, it's time to make a change! I've struggled with my weight my whole life, and have lost and gained the same 50-60 pounds for the last 15 years of my life and I'm tired of it. I'm a wife now, and want to be a mom one day. I need a healthy lifestyle change.

My husband is super supportive of all this which is great. He is thin as a string bean and can eat whatever he wants (and he does), and doesn't gain any weight (lucky him!). So I need people who know what it's like to be overweight and struggle.

Stats:
Height: 5'11"
SW: 260-ish (haven't actually weighed yet; I don't have a scale. Working on getting one. 258 was what I was when I went to the doctor two months ago
GW: 160-175 (I'd love to weigh less than my husband. He's 180).

Thanks (new) friends!

Replies

• b90henson
    b90henson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same! I just got married in august and hope to have a child as well. I would like to be in the best health/shape I can. Good luck girl! You got this!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Join the club sister. Ive known my husband since 1996 . He has never gained 1 pound . No matter what he eats.
  • ekeel9201
    ekeel9201 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You can do it
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me