Anyone else Struggle with weight and Auto immune diseases?

Options
Anyone struggle with auto immune disease and trying to lose weight? Also being active is hard. The pain and fatigue can be overwelming.

Replies

• traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes ....I have lupus and Fibromyalgia.... It's been very slow....but the weight is coming off. Pain and fatigue are awful.... But....onward...we can do it
  • mommyof3boys_75
    mommyof3boys_75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have fibromyalgia, thyroid disease and for the last 4 years have had a positive ANA and they are trying to determine if its Lupus. My symptoms are now worse and Now I have more of them and my ANA levels are higher so now I have to see yet another Rheumotologist. So frustrating.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Yes I have fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis and IBS . I had to start really slow and work up to endurance. Going gluten free helped me too
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Lupus (SLE), Behcets Disease, EDS, Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia here, and currently being evaluated for TN. It definitely doesn't make things easy...but it's not impossible.
  • Healthyhappypjs
    Healthyhappypjs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Patricia. I'm 26 years old. I have lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. My weight has been fluctuating lately. My lowest as of recently was 172 I'm currently 187. I would ideally like to be around 130 lbs. I'm 5'6. I'm here if anyone wants to talk or be friends. I need motivation and support.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have fibro and hypothyroid. I managed to lose weight (64lbs so far) but still have a long way to go! You can do it.
  • lisatwin1b
    lisatwin1b Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have Lupus SLE, Hashimotos thyroiditis and chronic fatigue/fibromyalfia. I suddenly gained 10lb, I wish it would go away just add quickly! Time is my biggest hurdle, with 3 kids it seems I never have time to exercise!
  • Debadi54
    Debadi54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm hypothyroid, post menopausal, arthritic, major back surgeries and two hips replaced. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. My son told me to try my fitness pal. Down 66 pounds! If I stick to it, I lose about 1-1.5 pounds a week. I walk a half mile a day. Up from my quarter mile I was doing. Lately I've been at a plateau. Frustrating. I continue to weigh myself and document, but have been very hungry lately and needing salt! Does not help! Anyone have suggestions, thoughts?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm recently gaining weight that helps me to gain strength for powerlifting. No struggles to report.
  • JanineTrixy
    JanineTrixy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto. It sucks at times. But here I am trying to improve my health. You all got this!!
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Ankylosing spondylitis. Keeping active has helped with keeping the symptoms 'calm' with only occasional mild flares.
  • amazin71
    amazin71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago i was in great shape and its always been easy for me to lose weight. All that ended abruptly suddenly everything that was working just didnt work anymore so I ended back up to where i started. I have fought with doctors a couple years now with no answers but a functional doctor diagnosed me right away. I found out a couple months ago i have lupus with possible fibro. I am also type II diabetic. I have some real issues with food I start off good and then i get frustrated and slide back. It's a crazy process. I was diagnosed 3yrs ago with gastroparesis which is giving me troubles as far as food goes so things just get compounded. So i guess what i would like to know is how many ppl here with auto immunes has been in remission???? I also need to know what do you take for energy cause that is my worst battle right now. I went from 5-6 days a week at the gym to i cant get out of bed even after sleeping 8-12hrs. I take vitamin D...magnesium..and B-12 but its still not enough....just wondered if anyone had a magic door to unlock????
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do my best to exercise whatever I can. Might be 7 min a day ( an app) or walking.. even 5 min is better then 0. I do whatever I can, every day at the time.
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me BRW
  • Cinder1975
    Cinder1975 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have Lyme disease which seems to mimic the same symptoms as Fibromyalgia, lupus, and a majority of the autoimmune diseases. We can power through this! It’s hard, but I’m trying everything I can!
  • buttercup4ever
    buttercup4ever Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is my first post and it’s nice to know I’m not alone with my auto immune challenges. I need to lose about 110 pounds. I have rheumatoid arthritis, my immune system attacked my eyes resulting in scar tissue on my cornea, endometriosis and last year a pulmonary embolism with no know cause. I’m on several medications and Coumadin. I get so tired it has been hard for me to get motivated. I also have personal challenges which seem to make everything harder these days. I’m looking for a weight loss buddy that understands. I wish you all health and weight loss. ❤️
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have sarcoidosis. Feel free to add me.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Celiac lost 50lbs so far doing CICO when I don't have energy I do yoga low impact and helps keep those aches at bay
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have arthritis, gastroparesis, and hypermobility syndrome. I started physical therapy 4 times a week to help with the dislocations, but it's absolutely exhausting. Going through a really bad arthritis flare right now.
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have MS. I'm overweight, but that's mostly my own fault. I did gain 40 pounds after being on steroids for 6 weeks, but all the rest is just from unhealthy overeating. But I'm working on getting it off again :)