Strength training beginner woman

Options
Hi all,
This is the start of the third week I've been doing strength training. MFP doesn't let me add strength exercises and I have no idea how to determine the calorie burn or record it.

Do any strength training ladies eat back their calories? How do I determine or record the calories burned?

Many thanks.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Go to Cardio first, then Strength training. It doesn't burn a lot of calories, but I do eat back some of them. You need to make sure you have enough fuel for the workout and get plenty of protein.
  • emilysoria4
    emilysoria4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just log my cardio I do for the day...As long as I burned enough in the cardio section (I tend to aim for at least 270-300 calories every cardio session...or more), I try not to stress about calories burned lifting weights. I guess my mind set is; only track calories burned for cardio, I'll ignore the calories during weight lifting &have my COMPLETE focus on the strength I'm building. On certain strength training days, I do eat back SOME of my calories.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I use the Cardio Strength training option. It's not accurate and I dont typically eat those calories back but for me it just functions as my "proof" that I did something today. lol
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    This is the start of the third week I've been doing strength training. MFP doesn't let me add strength exercises and I have no idea how to determine the calorie burn or record it.

Do any strength training ladies eat back their calories? How do I determine or record the calories burned?

Many thanks.

I tend to eat back a little more than half of my exercise calories. You can log strength training by searching it in cardio. It's not very accurate, but when doing strength training it's important that you fuel your body to maintain muscle and help it grow.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my strength training calories, as the overall burn is pretty low.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I eat back my strength training calories. I need them.
    I found the cals I got from MFP to be accurate, for me, and ate every one back.

I'm small (1400 cal maintaining without exercise) so a 200 cal burn counts - I would be losing almost 2lbs a month if I didn't eat them.

Cheers, h.