Advice

Options
womblesgirl
womblesgirl Posts: 69 Member
edited October 2017 in Motivation and Support
Help.... I’ve been doing so well with my weight loss journey but yesterday while out walking I fell going downhill and managed stupidly to actually break my ankle :( oh what to do now

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Oh, no. Ugh. I've had broken bones in my foot - it's miserable. I'd suggest eating at your maintenance amount for at least the first three weeks while the bone starts to heal. You can at least maintain through this.

Do you have to have surgery?

So sorry. You can just keep posting on here, someone will always be around to commiserate.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ouch, so sorry to hear that. I second eating at maintenance for a few weeks, your body needs energy to heal. If you want to keep a bit more active, YouTube "chair workouts".
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I'd also add, there is going to be a lot of inflammation both in that leg and systemic while you are in this acute period. If it were me I would stay off the scale for a month. It's going to be lying to you.
  • womblesgirl
    Options
    Oh, no. Ugh. I've had broken bones in my foot - it's miserable. I'd suggest eating at your maintenance amount for at least the first three weeks while the bone starts to heal. You can at least maintain through this.

Do you have to have surgery?

So sorry. You can just keep posting on here, someone will always be around to commiserate.

• womblesgirl
    Options
    Thankfully no mention of surgery , I’m on complete rest at the moment thou due to the swelling, I’m just completely guttered as I was basically doing everything right and enjoying it but now ..... :(
  • optionsguy88
    optionsguy88 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @womblesgirl sorry to hear that. You can still focus on upper body exercise while you're ankle heals.
  • grayskymorning
    grayskymorning Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thankfully no mention of surgery , I’m on complete rest at the moment thou due to the swelling, I’m just completely guttered as I was basically doing everything right and enjoying it but now ..... :(

It's just another step in your journey! I guess more of a mis-step... but ankles are so incredibly important. Baby that!!