Help! Need clothing advice!

Options
RainbowLube
RainbowLube Posts: 15 Member
Hello!
I am a larger lady, trying to lose weight but I have my engagement photos coming up soon for my wedding and I know little to nothing about fashion. I never feel super cute in really any outfit so I am wondering if there are any suggestions on plus size clothing, for a relatively affordable price, that you would suggest for a Fall Engagement Photo session! I would really love clothes that are going to make you not really notice my larger stomach. Any suggestions would be great!

Normally when buying clothes I just buy a XL in men's since a lot of my shirts are nerdy/concert shirts. In ladies I tend to go for 2XL-3XL (Usually 2X) for shirts. Just for an idea of my body type.

Thanks!

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Anything A-line is universally flattering.
  • RainbowLube
    RainbowLube Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    eh6pgfsd8uz8.png
    I was thinking about something like this with black tights and a pair of fashion boots.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That looks nice, OP. Up-to-date style for fall, and the drapey jacket would help minimize your stomach (my biggest problem area, too!) I think you'd look great in that. Good luck with the engagement photos!
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    bxigelqiii7z.jpg

Wear one of these uncircumcised sweaters that are all the rage.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    do you have a Nordstroms or anything like that by you? I ask because they have (or used to have) a personal shopper who could help you find what you were looking for - you can typically give them a range for what you want to spend and what you are looking for
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    TORRID! They have super adorable special event clothing that's designed to be flattering for younger, fuller girls/women.
  • shoppingmaniac1986
    shoppingmaniac1986 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Here’s good advice don’t listen to men.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Have you tried modcloth? It recently came under my radar when walmart bought them out. I traded walmart stock when the transaction took place briefly. I noticed they had items of all sizes. It was billed as the plus size woman’s paradise.

I second this one.
  • shoppingmaniac1986
    Options
    @RainbowLube eloquii, Asos curves and lane Bryant are your best bets. Mango has a plus size line too called violeta
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I sense some animosity toward the male figure.

• shoppingmaniac1986
    edited October 2017
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »

In my defense I hate radical feminists (technically men) and fuckbois
  • MrSith
    Options

Just remember everyone sucks sometimes. Hate is sometimes a wasted effort and not many deserve that much emotion from us. =)
  • shoppingmaniac1986
    Options

Just remember everyone sucks sometimes. Hate is sometimes a wasted effort and not many deserve that much emotion from us. =)

What do you think you are a psychologist?
  • MrSith
    Options

I love a nice sweater, like the first one she posted. I think anything fitting a woman's body (no matter what built, along with confidence) get's my vote. I'm an equal opportunist. I'm attracted to knowledge and independence and the curves are a bonus =).
  • shoppingmaniac1986
    Options

I love a nice sweater, like the first one she posted. I think anything fitting a woman's body (no matter what built, along with confidence) get's my vote. I'm an equal opportunist. I'm attracted to knowledge and independence and the curves are a bonus =).

Omg you’re so my type... please tell me more of your philosophies and opinions.
  • MrSith
    Options

At least your sarcasm is still working.
  • shoppingmaniac1986
    Options

What sarcasm?
  • MrSith
    Options

What sarcasm?

=)
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Have you seen Lindy Bop clothing? Very flattering to the fuller figure, and if you have a good set of boobs the Ophelia is a good way to show them off, but they also have other styles.