Obese & pregnant-need to lose weight!!!

Options
Hi. I just found out I’m pregnant. I weight 231lb and need to lose weight big time!!! Anyone been thru this kind of journey that can offer some advise please?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Definitely a question for your doctor, first and foremost.
  • MrsLopez91
    MrsLopez91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also pregnant and weight 220lbs. I was in the process of losing weight when I found out I was pregnant and had already lost 30+lbs. Since I found out, I've stopped all efforts to lose weight and have focused on maintaining my current weight and trying to be as healthy as possible. I'm sure any doctor would tell you it's not the time to try to lose weight but it is the time to eat healthier (not less), do some light works out or take walks more often. But you should definitely speak to your doctor though. I'm sure they could recommend a dietitian for you to help you and your baby have a healthy pregnancy.
    Congratulations btw! How far along are you? I'll be 14wks on Friday
  • hale03071
    hale03071 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can certainly lose weight while pregnant, its perfectly safe as long as you are getting proper nutrition. First talk to your doctor and get the okay. Then start a plan to have a diet of whole foods (not processed from a box/package) that provide the most bang for your buck nutrition wise. The baby will take the vitamins and minerals it needs first and your body will be second, so make sure you are also taking care of yourself.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Absolutely talk to your doctor before you decide what to do! She'll probably recommend keeping your protein up, lots of green veggies and whole grains, water, sunlight and exercise -- but you'll need to keep her in the loop about what your plan is.

And congratulations!
  • Zahra910
    Zahra910 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Miscarried at 6 weeks, 2 weeks ago.