somejaykid never ending story

Options
alright guys here's a brief background of myself, 35 year old happily married with a lovely wife and a 3 year old son and a doggie. 3 or so years i was hovering around 210-220 lbs for some odd reason i wanted to change that. i have my fitnesspal app for years i would occasionally use it but this year i actually committed to it and stick to it. the pictures i'm posting is about 3 years old and present my goal is to be around 155 or so for my height and weight *i'm 5"6-5"7 if people are wondering*

before pics
g1na7jcyrt5e.jpg *this was taken 3 years ago on my son 1st birthday party drink a little bit of alcohol lol*

4hitdd1f5y3y.jpg

p10y1vmef2v4.jpg *trying to playfootball winded as hell*

ni5vd1nnd8cj.jpg *our baby shower*

e6nelfsyf4rz.jpg *me and the lovely wife and our handsome son, he turned 1 in this pic*

7gjvx5svwi4a.jpg *more alcohol lol*

k0enk7j74xyc.jpg *christmas party with the family*

hx75mngzuyqd.jpg *me and my son*

present/updated pics i didn't take pics from when i first started so this is the middle of my progress *some of the weights here fluctuate here and there *one of my pics are missing so don't get surprised if my weight jump dramatically lol*

ltd5uzeplom4.jpg

kcecr21jwgra.jpg

pl1hustr5u7j.jpg

5tfw6w2mzxvs.jpg

a0hyo6wn0j4l.jpg

66kozr8effy0.jpg

ke0igtpyhc3l.jpg

vuvmcfkxg7d6.jpg

my realistic goal is to be close to my target weight before my 36 birthday which is a few months from now in january. after that i would like to join a gym and do strength training and have a tone body.

i made this thread for not bragging rights but to inspire people that if i can do it everybody can do it also. just take it day by day and eventually you will reach your goal :smile: i'll make another thread when i start my strength training with before and after pics also. stay tuned for another exciting story of somejaykid :p

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Look good, feel good, live good.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Stop taking selfies when you should be working! lol

Great job pal...you have not been strength training!!!!!??

Looks like you got the diet under control, what do you do for cardio? What do you plan on doing for strength training?
  • somejaykid
    somejaykid Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    lol i have time between patients so why not haha, sad to say as of right now no strength training for me i just do a brisk walking with my dog everyday when weather permits. food scale works i weigh my food evertyime i eat, for strength training i have no idea yet when i join a gym i will ask the people there to what they recommend but i've been reading the stronglift 5x5 program so i might try that out
  • MoonriverDreamer
    MoonriverDreamer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to say it -- you've done an awesome job of sticking to it. Great that you will be fit enough to enjoy playing and spending dad time with your son!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!