Maybe this happens to you too?

Options
Thru out the past couple of months I loose a pound or so a week then the following week I work on loosing that same couple of pounds again. At which time I loose a little more... then the following week I work on loosing that again. I don't understand. I don't change anything after loosing that pound... I don't eat more or exercise any less... It's just always a day or two after I have lost that pound I gain it back and then some... I am over all extremely happy with my progress I am just confused by this and was wondering if it happened to anyone else and to see if anyone knew why?

Replies

• SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok so my advice to you is change your diet and change your exercise, what has happened is your body gets used to routine and will plateau, meaning your body will become immune to the work you are doing.
    Still keep it healthy and do workouts but just change foods within it and change exercises.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Similar situation here. What's happening to me is a combination of retaining water and not being able to 'go' for a few days... So I'll weigh in on a 'good' day and then a couple days later I'll be up by 5 pounds or more! lol I'm not sure if the same thing is happening to you but once I shed the water weight and such and weigh on another 'good' day I'll have lost the amount of weight I 'should' have based on my calories, if that makes sense.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Our weight fluctuates many times through out the day and week. If you ate something with just a little more sodium to make you retain water, or ate something more one day (but the same calories) you could weigh more the next day because there is simply more food in your body.

Weigh yourself just once a week, same day, same time, naked, after you pee but before you eat or drink anything for the most consistent results.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I remember a post like this about 9 months ago. Unfortunately it is now taking me 2 weeks to lose only a half pound more but that is better than a plateau or a net gain. I feel like my weight loss would look like making your way down from the crest of a mountain range down through smaller mountains and lower valleys. Can't wait to reach the foothills. I still weigh daily because I want to know my body. I don't worry by the fluctuations and this way I can make sure there is a downward trend.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing happen to me. As long as I see a down trend long term, i am happy.
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This has started happening to me now that I'm getting closer to goal. I drop down a few pounds, then hover and bounce around with 2 pounds or so, up and down for 3-4 weeks, then I get a 2-3 pound jump down, then it's up/down for another 3-4 weeks. Overall I'm hitting about 1/2 a pound a week, but it happens in big jumps, with long periods of bouncing around in between.

~~Veronica