Prep baby, it's all about the prep!!!

Options
Hey, because I had prepared my breakfast, I didn't go into the works cafe and buy a cappuccino and bacon roll, it's this week's special, instead I took my granola from the fridge and ate it, plus didn't snack today either :D:D:D:o:D

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    what's a bacon roll . you have my attention!
  • michelefullerton72
    michelefullerton72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bacon slices cooked on oil, with a bread roll, x
  • michelefullerton72
    michelefullerton72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Tastes lovley but soooo fattening, x I was having that and a capaccino every other day, bad. Me :o
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I understand I meal prep breakfast & snacks for that very reason I would be in line for a bacon roll!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    yes prep = goals
    but
    bacon = <3

:D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Tastes lovley but soooo fattening, x I was having that and a capaccino every other day, bad. Me :o

In of itself it isn't fattening.

Too many calories are what make you gain weight.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat, too many calories make you fat. I know everyone is different but what I have experienced personally is that fat makes you satisfied and healthy, and carbs make you unhappy and fat. You just can't have both fat and carbs if you want to make that work. A bacon sandwich inside two slices of cheese instead of bread with avocado and mayo is one of my favorites. It's all about the caloric deficit, what you eat can make all the difference in the amount of willpower or lack of willpower that it takes to get you to your goals.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The amount of sodium in bacon makes me feel fat. I save bacon for Friday or Saturday then I have till Thursday for the bloat to go down. I am hoping as I loose weight my sensitivity to sodium will go down some.
  • kelsiestoner
    kelsiestoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Meal prep is the only way I can keep myself in line! I've found if I have a plan for every day and know how many calories I have planned out I'm much less likely to snack.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    sgtx81 wrote: »
    Fat doesn't make you fat, too many calories make you fat. I know everyone is different but what I have experienced personally is that fat makes you satisfied and healthy, and carbs make you unhappy and fat. You just can't have both fat and carbs if you want to make that work. A bacon sandwich inside two slices of cheese instead of bread with avocado and mayo is one of my favorites. It's all about the caloric deficit, what you eat can make all the difference in the amount of willpower or lack of willpower that it takes to get you to your goals.

Thank you. But she wasn't asking for your opinion on what she should eat. She was just clarifying that she was proud of herself for meal prepping and sticking to it. She said it was too fattening because maybe that much fat didn't fit into her calories for the day.
    Great job OP. Meal prep is where it's at.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people on my friends list who have had success going this route, so great work! Taking charge and being in control of your food choices is empowering. For me personally, advanced prep has just never appealed to me. I am one of those people where I never know what I am going to be hungry for day to day. It's oftentimes dependent on my mood, just like how I listen to different types of music based upon my mood.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    sgtx81 wrote: »

Thank you. But she wasn't asking for your opinion on what she should eat. She was just clarifying that she was proud of herself for meal prepping and sticking to it. She said it was too fattening because maybe that much fat didn't fit into her calories for the day.
    Great job OP. Meal prep is where it's at.

I didn't realize you were the forum police. What I saw was she was proud for not giving into temptation meaning temptation may be an issue and I was simply sharing what killed my temptation to overeat, in case she was having difficulties with it. And I didn't ask for your opinion either so police elsewhere please and ty.