Alcohol....suggestions?

Options
OK...I enjoy a beer (or 3) or glass or wine or a mixed drink. Not daily but on the weekends. What will I get the most "bang for the buck" out of? What has the least calories? Does that make sense?

Replies

• ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    1.Budweiser Select 55: 55 calories
    2.Beck's Premier Light: 63 calories
    3.Miller 64: 64 calories
    4.Amstel Light: 95 calories
    5.Anheuser-Busch Light Pale Lager: 95 calories
    6.Michelob Ultra: 95 calories
    7.Natural Light: 95 calories
    8.Miller Light: 96 calories
    9.Heineken Light: 99 calories
    10.Corona Light: 99 calories
  • mtbusse73
    mtbusse73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

So...If I can have 1900 cal/day....I could skip breakfast, eat some turkey for lunch, little bit of chicken for dinner and then have 10-14 Mich Ultras? :)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    To get a better and easier buzz, I don't eat before I drink. Or I eat something small like 100 cals of chicken. This saves more room for alcohol and I feel it sooner since my stomach is empty. If I'm just drinking socially, like after work, I'll have a couple Lagunitas. Each one (depending on the type) is about 180 cals.

If I'm looking to get drunk then 1 Lagunitas followed by tequila shots. Each tequila shot is about 70 cals.
  • erika_307
    erika_307 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hard liquor (non-flavored). Has no carbs, and not too many calories. Drink it straight, or mix with club soda. Drinking like this has not stalled my weight loss.
  • mtbusse73
    Options
    I have friends that say drinking hard liquor with diet soda is a no no....say it will f you up quick??
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    mtbusse73 wrote: »
    I have friends that say drinking hard liquor with diet soda is a no no....say it will f you up quick??

No.

My go-to is whiskey and a diet coke chaser. If I'm sitting at home watching a movie with the family, I'm just alternating between these two items the whole time.

Hard liquor is the way to go. Small amount for fewer calories with a better buzz.

I've more or less turned away from beer because of the calorie content. I think I've had one beer in the last month. It's just too many calories. I'd rather have the protein.

As you go along this journey, if you're consistent with staying under your calorie limit, you're going to eventually reach a time when you care more about your progress than you care about having a beer. From then on it gets progressively easier to stay on track on a daily basis.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    For me I choose vodka with water and a few limes and sip it slowly
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Vodka water with a Crystal Light flavor packet... Your girl's a champ.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Might as well drink sparkling water. These are seriously sorry excuse for a beer.

Have you tried the Sleemans Clear 2.0 yet? Curious what you think of it. 83 cals for the can.

And it isn't Guinness, but sure does beat some of the slop listed.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Tonic works for me. For an after dinner drink, amaretto on the rocks.
  • mtbusse73
    Options
    mtbusse73 wrote: »

No.

My go-to is whiskey and a diet coke chaser. If I'm sitting at home watching a movie with the family, I'm just alternating between these two items the whole time.

Hard liquor is the way to go. Small amount for fewer calories with a better buzz.

I've more or less turned away from beer because of the calorie content. I think I've had one beer in the last month. It's just too many calories. I'd rather have the protein.

As you go along this journey, if you're consistent with staying under your calorie limit, you're going to eventually reach a time when you care more about your progress than you care about having a beer. From then on it gets progressively easier to stay on track on a daily basis.

I'm going to try this tonight....
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Straight vodka is lowest with 70 calories. pair it with diet soda
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Vodka and fever tree diet tonic (the only one I like)...
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Bourbon and water is a good option.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bourbon and water is a good option.

+1 on bourbon... i like a nice big ice cube with mine.