body pump

I recently changed gyms. i have a wide variety of classes and times that work for me but i am wondering if its ok to do body pump 2 days in a row?

Replies

• LindsayH926
    LindsayH926 Posts: 2 Member
    The body pump instructors at my gym recommend 3 times per week with at least one rest day in between. I’ve done 2 days in a row and didn’t feel great on the 2nd day vs when I have 2 rest days in between I feel great on that next workout.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    ok thanks.. i dont plan on 3 days cause i enjoy other classes.. i will see where i can fit a 2nd day thats not back to back. i do own the program so always an option too. i just perfer live class.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I did body pump/barbell last night and although I will be doing heavy squats today along with some high intensity classes, I don't think I could do the body pump again today, not and put my all in to it. I'd probably be able to do similar tomorrow (but the instructor only holds one barbell class a week and I'm not willing to sacrifice my other classes).
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Did a body pump class once. Thought I was in pretty good shape due to all the swimming and lifting I did at the time. My quads were killing me for several days after just one class :dizzy:
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Right now just doing it once a week on Tuesday. Will try to add a second day. Cardio is my thing but I need weight training.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    I wouldn't do it two days in a row. I do one hour on Mondays and another on Friday with rest days and a non-strength training cardio day in between.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Love pump, but yeah...possibly not 2 days on the trot. My legs definitely need recovery time!
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    I just started up with Body Pump again yesterday. Love it but definitely need a day of rest in between sessions. This new release is great.
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    I added body pump to my other 3 weekly workouts for the first time yesterday. Doing something different and even though I chose lighter weights my arms are sore today. It will be a while before I do this type of workout more than once a week!
  • Kollane
    Kollane Posts: 45 Member
    Depends where your fitness is at. Pump is something you get used to once you do a lot of it, as it's for muscle endurance, not building. I once did pump 3-5x a week without trouble, but eventually got bored and haven't been to class for a while. It's mostly Combat now, with occasional flow/balance for stretching.
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    I do 3x a week but spread out. Have done 2 days in a row but not when first started and I'm not lifting mega heavy, 7.5kg each side on squats heaviest I go, couldn't lift bar over my head if more?! Technique over weight. Love it ..... have fab instructor and great bunch of people.