Hard to understand

Options
It's odd, my aunt is visiting.. and she notices everything I do.. like she asked why I don't eat egg yolks when I was making eggs one day, then she noticed I didn't eat any fries yesterday, and yesterday she asked what size I wear, so I said a 6/8. She was like oh well I wear a 10, but its kind of loose, I think an 8 would be too tight...

I don't get why people have this mentality to compare their habits and size to others...

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What did you tell her the reason why you don't eat egg yokes?

If she has not seen you in a while, maybe she is making small talk, maybe she is just talking to be talking. Maybe she is interested in what you are doing for your health and weight loss and doesn't know how to really ask and this her way of asking..

Wouldn't let that bother me in the least.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    She's probably impressed with your progress and wants to learn from you. There's nothing wrong with that...
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious about the egg yolk thing....

It sounds like your aunt isn't trying to compare herself to you but is interested in losing weight too. She sees you are losing weight and wants to know how.
  • simi1421
    simi1421 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually eat egg yolks, sometimes if I know that I am going to be eating something heavier for lunch or dinner, then I just do the whites...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you an innie or an outie?
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    simi1421 wrote: »
    I usually eat egg yolks, sometimes if I know that I am going to be eating something heavier for lunch or dinner, then I just do the whites...

There is only 50-55 calories in an egg yoke (large).
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've realised the majority of peoples personality is to complain or care about trivial matters. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it if it's a one off event. If she persists to irritate you, for your own peace of mind kindly let her know she's being bothersome.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Since I've lost considerable weight, I've had everything thrown at me from uninvited advice and comments to requests for my "secrets." It comes with the territory.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    People are nosy by nature, gotta just let it slide off. Or bestow your knowledge upon her, she may want to jump on your health train and doesn't know how to ask that particular question.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

There is only 11 calories for one egg white, bonus is the protein and satiety one gets from it to last thru to next meal without gnawing off your finger. If you are on a 1,200 calorie budget, that extra 40 is significant. I like both and eat both as it fits into my daily menu and any exercise calories I might get that day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yolk is the best part of the egg LOLOL

ive had friends watch me cook or prep my meals and ask me why i do certain things. some of it is OCD, some of it is habit from watching my weight. it never bothers me. most of the time they are just asking to either make small talk or because they want to know if its an OCD issue or losing weight issue lol
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    yolk is the best part of the egg LOLOL

ive had friends watch me cook or prep my meals and ask me why i do certain things. some of it is OCD, some of it is habit from watching my weight. it never bothers me. most of the time they are just asking to either make small talk or because they want to know if its an OCD issue or losing weight issue lol

My nephew is allergic to just the yolks and my niece favorite part is the yolk. They split hard boiled eggs in half. So he can have the white and she can have the yolk.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Seems like she noticed your progress and is interested herself.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

So by not eating them, she has 55 extra calories to use for something else—which is what she wants.

Are you sure you’re not the OP’s aunt posting on a different account??

And after I posted and walked away from MFP I thought about this. 1200 calories if it fits your stats surely does make it difficult to fit in larger lunches/dinners. I am not her aunt, and I should have come back and updated my post...

Are you my aunt for calling me out ...
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    It's her hobby. Everybody needs one.