Do you reward yourself???

Options
Well, I was talking about my weight loss plans to my friend Nicole, and she asked me what my rewards were going to be. I must have looked at her funny because she lead the conversation further by talking about new running shoes, cheat nights, and an Ipod. I never really thought about "mini" rewards before. I guess I always assumed that clothes that fit properly and getting to the top of a stair case without swearing... sweating :laugh: was reward enough. Now that I think about mini rewards I'm liking the idea more and more, it may even be motivating. So my question is did you reward yourself? With what? and after how many pounds/ inches?

Thanks

Replies

• strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    every two pounds i treat myself to one large mr pibb ;}
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Idk what my other rewards are going to be but when I reach 10lbs lost I'm getting a pedicure! :D I'm thinking about doing smaller rewards for each 5lb increment too.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with one or two light beers every month
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I agree that getting fit and healthy is reward enough... but I also love shopping and treating myself where budget allows, just because it's fun! My first couple of rewards will include a trip to the salon to change my hair colour, new clothes to fit the smaller size, a spa day, and a mulberry bag! :laugh:
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    Hey :) I have mini goals set in 10 lb increments. Some of my rewards are new make-up, crystals for my energy work, a book I've been looking at for a while, flowers, a necklace and earring set... all little things really, that I've wanted and just hadn't bought yet. I find that it does motivate me. In fact... I bought my make-up before I reached my goal... and I put it on my bookcase where I could see it "waiting" for me every day. I also purchased some new crystals this past weekend, and I have them safely stored until I can start using them when I reach my next goal.

Best of luck in your journey :)
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have cheat nights 2x a month. I don't cheat all the way though because the calories are still in the back of my mind. MFP is a habit now that I can't shake. lol
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm with you... the fact that clothes fit better, workouts are easier, etc are all rewarding. If I want something else, I get it (maybe that's my inner spoiled brat coming out - but the "barter" system doesn't work for me).
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like rewards so I do every 5 pounds, I treat myself to something. last reward I got a new tank top for example. Now when it comes to bigger rewards I am there too! So yes, I believe in rewarding yourself and giving yourself credit for all the hard work that you do. It is good to be nice and positive to yourself. great motivator
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just hit my first minigaol - and just got my reward today!!!!

I got a tattoo on my foot :)

My first goal was almost 40lbs in - however my next goals are 20-25lbs apart
    I think I want new running shoes when I hit my next (21lbs from now)

I do have cheat days aswell but they arent at set increments.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    at my goal weight i plan to buy a new wardrobe, including an adorable bikini... as for mini rewards i use things such as lower resting heart rate, and weight increases as rewards.
  • mnissi
    mnissi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with whether to "reward" myself with a sweet every now and then but I eventually came to the realization that it's not a good idea. Does a track star receive a medal for being in first place only halfway through the race? No. Does a child get a new toy for cleaning half of his/her room? No. The reward comes at the finish line. That makes finishing all the more sweeter. :)
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Haven't really thought about mine either as I am just going to be happy with smaller clothes and the confidence I will gain.

I reward myself weekly by purchasing the new episode of 'Wilfred' to watch on my iPhone while I am at the gym. :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My rewards are usually for sticking with something for two weeks, like a challenge. Some challenges included not eating refined flour or sugar or drinking alcohol for two weeks. Rewards include mani/pedi, facial, massage.
    I am getting a massage tomorrow for sticking to my newest workout for two weeks and it requires working out 6 days per week, which was a challenge for me because I was only working out 3 days per week before.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    I'm with you... the fact that clothes fit better, workouts are easier, etc are all rewarding. If I want something else, I get it (maybe that's my inner spoiled brat coming out - but the "barter" system doesn't work for me).

i also get what i want if i want it... cept the clothes, like i said because why buy anything "smaller" now? when i reach my goals everything will fit like i want and THEN i can start to buy clothes, but as for everything else, it doesnt matter how much i weigh :happy:
  • janiecorona
    Options
    I haven't yet but I will when I get to my first goal of losing 36 lbs, I'm more than halfway there! Then, I will be in the "onederlands!" (Though I think that's a reward in itself!) I haven't decided what to get for myself, maybe I'll save up and take my little baby girl and me on a trip to the coast. (:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think rewarding yourself is great for motivation. I usually set 20lb goals (because I have a lot to lose) and will get a new music CD or I even like to get makeup and nail polish. It doesn't have to be anything major, however, when I hit 50lbs I wil probably do something bigger.

Good luck to you!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    NO REWARDS, I FIGURE I GOT MYSELF INTO THIS MESS, I NEED TO JUST WORK AT A BETTER ME,THAT'S REWARD ENOUGH!! RED
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    I have not rewarded myself - but I like the idea of a non food reward - like a massage or a mani-pedi - that might be nice.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i rewarded myself today with a pepsi! about once a week ill eat a small amount of something that i normally wouldnt, a few fries, a soda, etc.