Feeling out numbered, need male MFP support

Options
20 days and going strong, just too many women, and their challenges are different than men. Any men out there looking for support and sharing ideas and information. This is my first real attempt to loose weight and get health. 18lbs and still not bored...

Replies

• strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    most guys wouldn't really complain about being stuck in a sea of ladies
  • stever448
    Options
    Not complaining...
    Just don't want to come off as a creeper
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of us guys on here... most just aren't quite as vocal as the female contingent. :drinker:
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    im just teasing! ive seen more than a few guys on here, but i agree its a pretty female dominated population
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    If you need a diversion... I'll distract them, you can go do what ever!
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    I agree must guy dont complaint about the ladies ratio but if you need motivation you can add me
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Any men out there looking for support and sharing ideas and information.
    Sure, add me!
  • mdhaymes
    Options
    The men are just trying to be the strong silent types. We just aren't as chatty but are willing to help if need some advice or encouragement.
  • Krazybob613
    Options
    The Female members of this community may or may not outnumber the males, but they clearly contribute more frequently to the forums.

I have been involved for about 5 months now, have lost 22 pounds and am very close to my first major goal ( 190 ) With the ultimate goal of hitting my weight when I was a Senior in High School ... 180!

Welcome and good luck, I can attest that this really does work as long as you are reasonably accurate and consistent in monitoring and recording your activities.

SW 215
    CW 193
    G1 190
    UG 180

Bob
  • Sloron
    Sloron Posts: 18
    Options
    Feel free to add...I was thinking the same thing.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I won't hold your sack for you, but feel free to add me. There are quite a few of us here. As long as you know when/where to stop, you will be fine.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Gee - TOM posts and the related bloating discussions not really your bag?

Yeah, me either. More men please.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I like my female support :) but you can add me
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Gee - TOM posts and the related bloating discussions not really your bag?

Yeah, me either. More men please.

I second that!!! :drinker:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. any friend of Alton Brown's is a friend of mine....
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of men here. I would recommend you going through my list. All of the people there are really fresh, energizing and high quality (are we talking about people? yes).
    in all seriousness, browse through the forums and see the guys and the responses they provide. I have found a few people from all kinds of backgrounds here. there's always somebody who has a very helpful response to your concerns.

Some ladies here can kick your butt and mine combine so don't underestimated them.
    And don't go into those forums clearly marked 'for ladies only' ; ) all men in here obey those warnings.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you divulge who does your hair and where you get your clothes, I may send an FR...LMAO!!!
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Been here for 8 mos now. Goal REACHED! Now I just gotta figure out how to stay there.

Everyone faces the same major challenges in losing weight--whether male or female. Just stick to the plan, keep logging all calories, stick to your exercise regimen and you will get there. Slow and steady wins this race.

Cheers!
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like my female support :) but you can add me

Ditto.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm an equal opportunity supporter. I'm just happy to have some cheerleaders on my side. Anyone can request to add me and I'll cheer you on.