Recovering from a spinal cord Injury

Options
Hi, my name is Bo, and 8 years ago I broke 7 vertebrae in my back and neck in a motor vehicle accident. I was paralyzed from the waist down. At first I was happy that u survived the crash, but as time went on, I got more and more depressed and more and more overweight. I eventually regained the ability to walk with great trouble. Next, I gained the ability to slowly jog, then I could skip for 20 minutes at a time. I've had many setbacks. Falls, pain, fatigue, but I ALWAYS get back up after I fall. I just want to share how important it is to always get back up like a Man or woman. YOU CAN do this. You ARE worth it. Keep fighting for what you want because you will achieve it if you work hard enough. I wish all of you luck in your fitness future. If anybody wants to talk about their injuries or fitness or anything really, send me a message and we'll talk.

Keep fighting.

Thanks,

Bo

Replies

• kellycochrane1520
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and am so happy for your recovery!
  • powlykb
    powlykb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    thanks for the pep talk, your challenges puts mine into perspective, 30 years marathon runner stopped by spinal stenosis, surgery 7 years ago but can't straighten posture without a lot of effort, now 20 lbs overweight as a beer instead of running seems to be the norm, but at least off the pain killers now, interesting my first week of keeping a food and exercise diary, kind of motivating as well, just hard to walk bent over looking at those toes
  • BODACIOUS12345
    BODACIOUS12345 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, guys. I'm glad we can share our stories