Im lazy, love beer and pizza and starting this weight loss journey for the gazillionth time.

Options
jordythayer
jordythayer Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
But I'm trying to change. Wanna be friends? :#

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a big pizza eater when I started this journey, but reading a community discussion earlier this year I learned about Ken Forkish and his bread book. I went to Amazon and found that he also had a pizza book and bought both of them. I've been making pizza several times a week since and steadily losing weight. You don't have to give up pizza to live a healthy life.

I've never been a regular consumer of alcohol, so I'm no use to you there. You figure out for yourself how to deal with it. Other people have.
  • stephslife88
    stephslife88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! Feel free to add me!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give them up to lose weight; just work them into your goals. I don't drink (never liked the taste) but I still have pizza about once a week.
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Pizza is awesome - I usually have some at least once a week! Beer is fabulous - it's just in moderation. And here's the thing: the more exercise you do, the more beer and pizza you can have! :)

But you really don't have to do marathons or become a gym rat or anything. I actually had MORE success this year with 30 minute moderate walks sessions, and a nice non-sweaty strength/flexibility/posture workout 2-3 times a week than I had when I was running frequently but not "getting" the diet side of the equation.
  • AutumnDraidean
    AutumnDraidean Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So I've added you but I wanted to say that I too love beer and pizza and I've pretty much admitted to myself that I have to actively fight to keep back the pounds for pretty much ever. I like microbrew beer and almost all foods...I also am a skier both alpine and nordic and I like to walk and I want a stand up paddleboard so so bad!! maybe next summer!!
  • smcgu67
    smcgu67 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, Feel free to add me!
  • CoUrTnEyAnN928
    CoUrTnEyAnN928 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new here too! I love pizza. This journey will be rough with no pizza. Doing this to slim down for my wedding, improve my health, and help me get pregnant after my wedding. Feel free to add me!
  • mtbusse73
    mtbusse73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Love pizza. Love beer. Hate being overweight. Am learning to like broccoli :)