Pulled foot muscle?

Options
I keep having a problem after getting into any work out program. After a week or so the bottom of my foot hurts as if i have pulled a muscle but only if i move my big toe. It doesnt hurt when i walk but it aches if i am sitting still. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or what is wrong?

Replies

• LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    I suggest possibly going to the doctor, and looking into a new pair of workout shoes. I had some foot problems, as I have some what flat feet. I got professionally fitted for running shoes and things have been so much better. I usually wear and 8.5 and was fitted for a 10. Apparently for running shoes is it not the size that matters, it is where the widest part of your foot is - that is where you need the most cushion. I still wear 8.5 in every other type of shoe. Another factor is that you could be wearing the wrong type of shoe. I was wearing shoes for over pronation, when I what I really needed was a nuetral shoe. I use these shoes for all sorts of workouts, not just running, It has helped me so much. I hope this helps.
  • Giddeaon
    Giddeaon Posts: 43
    Options
    Do some research on plantar fasciitis and see your doctor. I am a long time sufferer, and it's no fun at all. When I walk or run I feel no pain as the ligament gets stretched out...but when I wake up or sit for a long time = OUCH! It's a chronic injury that takes a very long time to heal and can easily be reinjured.

I hope it's just uncomfortable shoes for you and not pf, but your doc is the best person to figure out what's wrong, and (from experience) I wouldn't hesitate to get a prognosis sooner rather than later.
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My mother has plantar fasciitis and so does my husband. I am now really hoping thats not it. :( my husband had to have inserts that are serveral hundred dollars a piece and they have to be changed every year. I will take the suggestion and go see a Dr. I was really hoping it was just a pulled muscle but it always comes back.
    Thanks guys!