Is there a progressive ab work out app/dvds that slowly get harder , similar to C25K for running ?

Options
Title says it all... I've been doing C25K for a few weeks , I love that it slowly gets harder , at a rate that is challenging but achievable. I've been thinking of strengthening my core , but was wondering if anyone is aware of an app or dvd similar in structure to C25K in that
It gets a little more challenging as the weeks progress. Id prefer an app or dvd because I like something to be talking /guiding me to follow along (as apposed to a work out from a book ).

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    To what goal/end state?

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    jshay295 wrote: »
    Title says it all... I've been doing C25K for a few weeks , I love that it slowly gets harder , at a rate that is challenging but achievable. I've been thinking of strengthening my core , but was wondering if anyone is aware of an app or dvd similar in structure to C25K in that
    It gets a little more challenging as the weeks progress. Id prefer an app or dvd because I like something to be talking /guiding me to follow along (as apposed to a work out from a book ).

Thanks in advance.

Pretty much any activity where you need to balance/stabilize yourself will do a LOT for strengthening your core. (dancing, squats, BB rows, bent-over DB rows,...) without dedicating chunks of time to it specifically. There are things like plank challenges or similar out there where you increase the time or reps every day...try searching something like 'fitness challenges' or something similar, and you'll probably find some app for it.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ..also note that if it is for the sake of appearance, that no matter how strong your core, you're not going to have well-defined abs unless you get your body fat% down to a low level.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    there are plank challenges, you hold a plank for longer and longer each day, with a few days off in the month. google 2 minute or 30 day plank challenge.

Like others mentioned, direct ab work will not give you abs, or target fat loss from the stomach. If strengthing your core is your goal, not 6-pack abs, the above will help.
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    If you're open to acquiring some equipment, there are masses of TRX (and equivalent) videos available, either from TRX themselves or for free on Youtube, that target the core
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Why are you interested only in ab exercises? Seems like it's best for health, fitness, and appearance to train the whole body and get progressively stronger everyhwere.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a plank challenge app on my phone and I do it just about every day. It progresses regularly and there are several different levels for beginners, intermediate and advanced.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    jshay295 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

You could try You Are Your Own Gym, bodyweight work with minimal equipment needed. The app has four progressive programmes.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Check out the apps from Runtastic. They have several that build up like c2k5 for push ups, sit ups, squats, etc.
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone , I look forward to investigating your suggestions :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a dvd called Killer Abs that has all ab-related workouts. There are 3 levels. I have it and helped me to strenghten my core.

She also has a dvd called 6 Weeks 6 Pack Abs that has 3 progressive ab workouts as well.

Good luck!