Help for hypoglycemia and hypothyroidism

Options
Hi there! My names Linda and I'm kinda in a pickle here. My family suffers from hypoglycemia diabetes and hypothyroidism. It sucks trying to lose weight. Is there any exercises I can do to primarily lose weight in the thighs and gut area? Y'all are the best!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. To lose weight, you need to eat less. This means consistently taking in fewer calories than you burn. If you use MPF correctly - set an appropriate calorie goal, and hit that goal every day, for real, you lose weight.
  • jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. To lose weight, you need to eat less. This means consistently taking in fewer calories than you burn. If you use MPF correctly - set an appropriate calorie goal, and hit that goal every day, for real, you lose weight.

kommodevaran is correct.

I also have hypothyroidism and am anemic. I get hypoglycemic episodes once in awhile. Eating clean and at a caloric deficit will help you lose weight and slim all over. For me specifically, I've learned to cut certain foods out that cause me inflammation and or gain weight in areas like the hips, thighs and tummy. You just have to listen to your body and if something you're eating is having a not so great reaction or outcome by your body than make adjustments.

After almost 6 years I've finally hit my goal weight. A lot of ups and downs. Find what works for you because everyone is different, don't give up. You'll get there, it just takes time and patience.

If you'd like to add me for some support, feel free :smile:
  • thevy76
    thevy76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I appreciate medical issues being discussed. It is much harder for those of us with hypothyroidism, hypoglycemia, anemia, and other medical conditions to lose weight. I joined this site out of desperation. I've been thin in my adult life, but it came from nearly starving myself and consequently having a lot of hypoglycemic episodes from not eating more than two very small meals a day (no snacking at all).