I have a question!! Help

Options
So I am new to this. I have this app ( MFP) and a step counter app. It gets crazy hard to do my 10000 steps and elliptical. It's really time consuming.
My question is, do I have my step counter app count the elliptical machine twords my 10000 steps for MFP or do I have them separate?
If I do both seperate it's about 3 hours or more of exercises a day. I'm dedicated but that's a lot of time and I want my 10000 steps.

Replies

• ranmalih
    ranmalih Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That depends on what you're counting towards your calories i guess, or whether you're more concerned about being active.
    I count my walks/runs on a treadmill as steps but then don't add them as additional exercise to my MFP diary (the steps sync automatically from my fitness tracker). For me it's not so much about getting in the steps as it is about making sure my calorie count is accurate.
    Hope that helps.
  • kaseykofoed
    kaseykofoed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Perfect thank you, I was trying to see how others do it. Which was the best way.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Log your intentional exercise manually.
    Make your daily activity (chores, office work, playing with kids etc) as part of activity level setting.
    This is optimal for 2 reasons:
    1. It ensures you dont double count any activity.
    2. There will be days you dont do your intentional workouts. If those are a part of your activity level then all calculations will get screwed up.
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit, it shows me how inactive I am on desk job work days. It gives me the incentive to walk a few miles every day because I am competing against other people. Having said that, I just switched to the Motiv fitness ring because I want to see my heart rate and also because I have lost my Fitbit 4 times. For me, the ring will say one 24/7 and not at risk for me to loose it.
  • kaseykofoed
    kaseykofoed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just enquired about a Fitbit lastnight, it's the blaze so it has a HR monitor with it. I'm super excited. It's getting difficult to lug my phone everywhere. ( That's where my counter is)